Lily hospitals Limited established since 1986 remains one of the foremost hospitals in Nigeria and within the South-South region of the country. It is the first private hospital in Nigeria to achieve ISO 9001:2000 quality management system certification from the Standards Organization of Nigeria (SON) and also accredited with COHSASA (Council for Health Service Accreditation of Southern Africa) Certificate. We are also consistently committed to high standards; continuous improvement, service excellence, organizational citizenship, and outstanding work ethics. Currently running residency training programs in family medicine and radiology. Lily Hospitals is also involved in horsemanship training, internship training in Pharmacy and Radiology. We have multiple locations in Benin, Warri, Okuokoko etc.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Medical Officer
Locations: Warri, Delta and Benin, Edo
Employment Type: Full-time
- This role is responsible for providing competent patient-centered care that addresses health needs and promotes wellness. Such care shall be based on latest medical evidence and guidelines
Key Result Areas (KRA)
The key result areas of this role are:
- To provide quality medical care to patients under the supervision of the HOD, General Services.
- Conduct day to day review of patients.
- Analyze records, reports, test results or examination information to diagnose medical condition of patient.
- Perform Minor procedures or surgery under the supervision of senior medical professionals.
- To ensure comprehensive, accurate and concise medical records are collected and maintained for patients with an appropriate signed and dated legible entry in the patient’s medical record on every attendance upon a patient.
- Consult with, or provide consulting services to, other services.
- Contribute to quality patient care by participation in case planning which includes appropriate pre-admission planning, in-hospital care and discharge planning.
- To arrange investigations, medical treatment and discharge as directed by the Registrar and/or Consultant to which assigned
- Commissioning healthcare by liaising with medical professionals in the community and hospitals;
- Promoting health education in conjunction with other health professionals;
- Providing preventative medical programmes for individual patients;
- Support the team in meeting targets set by the government for specific treatments, such as child immunizations.
- Participate in clinical audit and quality programs as appropriate
- To be “on-call” or participate in shift rosters is a requirement of the position
- Manage the administrative requirements of the hospital and patient care including ensuring discharge summaries and medico-legal correspondence are completed with no delay.
- Comply with all the provisions of Nigeria Data Protection Regulation (NDPR) 2019.
- Candidates should possess an MBBS / MBChB qualification.
- The job holder must have a license to practice medicine from the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria.
- Knowledge of General Medicine and other specialist areas of medical practice such as oncology, pathology, radiology and pediatrics.
- The job holder must have good stamina and empathy for patients.
- The job holder must have good communication skills, a strong ability to work well under extreme pressure and self discipline.
- Job holder must portray a caring and professional manner in all aspects of work.
Application Closing Date
28th February, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV only to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.