Smiling Hearts Initiatives International (SHI) is a non-governmental, nonprofit organization founded in Nigeria and has been operational since 2016 as Zumunchi Hearts Initiative International before its official registration with the CAC on the 10th October 2018 as Smiling Hearts Initiative International (SHI Int.). SHI Int. is committed to immediate humanitarian relief and support to those in urgent need and also protects dignity of persons affected by natural deserter, violence crime or any other emergency. Independent, private and nonprofit, Nigerian base NGO SHI Int’l (operating under the Nigerian law) respects a strict political and religious impartiality, and operates following principles of non-discrimination, transparency, according to its core values: Compassion, Equality, Diversity, Integrity, Team Work and Responsiveness
SHI Int’l teams are devoted to supporting vulnerable communities throughout the world and accompanying them in building a better future by providing a response adapted to specific needs. We provide aid to populations affected by crisis using an approach that is local and global, multidisciplinary and adapted to each context. By ensuring the link between Emergency, Rehabilitation and Development. SHI Int’l teams guaranty that interventions made in a situation of crisis are useful and sustainable, because only long term support – by remaining in the area post emergency and involving communities – can end the poverty cycle and accompany populations on the road to better society and enhancing good development strongly focusing in the sectors of Education, Protection,WASH, CCCM, Livelihood, Health, Shelter, Psycho-social support, NFI, Food security/GFD, Community Development in the area of operations.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation (M & E) Officer
Locations: Maiduguri – Borno, Yobe and Adamawa
Employment Type: Contract
- The M&E Officer will providemonitoring and reporting leadershipto ensure successful implementation of all program activities in all assigned projects of Smiling Hearts Initiatives International.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collects data on a regular basis to measure achievement against the performance indicators.
- Checks data quality with partners.
- Maintains and administers the M&E database; analyses and aggregates findings.
- Supports project progress reporting, project mid-term review and final evaluation.
- Identifiesareas where technical support to project partners is required. Organizes refresher training on M&E for partners as required.
- Identify lessons learned and develop case studies to capture qualitative outputs of the project. Provides advice to the supervisor on improving project performance using M&E findings.
- Produces reports on M&E findings and prepares presentations based on M&E data as required.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Social Sciences, Health, Business Management, or other relevant fields.
- 3 years’ experience working in developmentand/or humanitarian programs, handling M&E, correspondence and project reporting duties.
- International Organization or other NGO experience is an asset.
- Proficiency in report writing is key.
Knowledge / Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of computer application, internet, website and other essential computer software is essential
- Excellent coordination skills, time management, and ability to prioritize tasks.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision.
- Ability to work in stressful environments driven by strict deadlines
- Communication skills in English isvery important.
- Fluency in Hausa is an advantage
- Ability to travel when required.
- Multitasking- be able to handle multiple totally differenttasks simultaneously.
- Team work-abilityto work collaboratively.
Deadline: 30th March, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: SHI is an equal opportunity organization with high regards to Gender, as such qualified female candidate are highly encouraged to apply.
Leave a Reply