Nigerian Exchange Group (NGX Group) is a leading financial market infrastructure provider in Africa, connecting Nigeria, Africa and the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Network Specialist
Employment Type: Full Time
- We seek an individual who will provide support to the Head Technology Support and Infrastructure in consulting with users while evaluating various requirements that feed into Design Recommendations, Project Planning, and the installation of Data Networks, amongst other areas listed:
- He/She is expected to make recommendations for network maintenance and enhancement with the aim of ensuring uptime of all systems in line with SLAs;
- Network Specialist will report to the Head Technology Support and Infrastructure.
- Consult with user and evaluate requirements, recommend designs, provide cost analyses, plan projects and coordinate tasks for installation of Data Networks;
- Analyse and resolve technical problems for established networks;
- Plan, test, recommend, and implement; Network File Server Mainframe and Workstation Hardware and Software;
- Provide network documentation, training and guidance to computing system clients and programmers;
- Serve as technical specialist in network problems and emergencies;
- Conduct technical research on network upgrades and components to determine feasibility, cost, time required and compatibility with current system;
- Recommend network solutions for short, medium and long-range network projects
- Determine plan layout for new hardware or modification to existing layout;
- Install, upgrade and configure Network Printing Directory Structures, Users Access Security, Software and File Services;
- Establish User profiles, User Environments, Directories, and Security for networks being installed;
- Work with vendors to resolve complex network problems;
- Ensuring sufficient monitoring and “alerting” is in place for all network devices;
- Standardisation and consolidation of all related services;
- Keeping network device asset and change management up to date at all times;
- Ensure availability and stability of all Network and Communication Systems including Internet, WAN and LAN services and Telephony services.
Person Specification & Required Qualifications
- B.Sc. / HND Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or Physics or similar field;
- A Network Administration Certification is an advantage;
- Minimum of 5+ years cognate experience in Network Analyst;
- Experience in a Financial Services organisation is an advantage.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “NGX Recruitment – Network Specialist” as the subject of the email.
Leave a Reply