Lily hospitals Limited, established in 1986, remains one of the Foremost hospitals in Nigeria and within the South-South region of the country. It is the first private hospital in Nigeria to achieve ISO 9001:2000 quality management system certification from the Standards Organization of Nigeria (SON). We are also consistently committed to high standards; continuous improvement, service excellence, organizational citizenship, and outstanding work ethics.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Anesthesiologist
Location: Warri, Delta
- This role is responsible for providing and administering anesthesia following approved guidelines and managing patients in the theatre.
Key Result Areas (KRA)
The key result areas of this role are:
- To provide quality medical care to patients
- Develop, implement and maintain a quality assurance programme for the anaesthetic and intensive care service
- Execute thorough evaluation of patient’s medical and surgical history to ascertain history of drug acceptance and reaction.
- Preparing patients for anesthesia and administering it
- Providing pre and post-operative care to patient;
- Providing resuscitation services in case of emergency and disaster situations.
- Coordinating the maintenance of anesthetic operational equipment and ensuring their functionality;
- Remain abreast with trends, development, and utilization of technology in the field of anaesthesia and intensive care medicine, on an ongoing basis.
- To provide assistance with surgical procedures
- To be “on-call” or participate in shift rosters is a requirement of the position
Education & Experience
- Candidate must be licensed to practice medicine from the Nigerian Medical and Dental Association.
- Minimum of 3 years cognate experience as an anaesthesiologist.
- Knowledge of Clinical Surgery and other specialist areas of medical practice such as Pediatrics, Surgery, Obstetrics & Gynecology.
- Candidate must have good communication skills, a strong ability to work well under extreme pressure, self-discipline and excellent long term concentration.
- Job holder must have a working knowledge of global quality assurance, clinical audit principles and processes and must exhibit a commitment towards continuous quality improvement.
- Familiarity with cultural and religious concerns of patients, and current legislation on patient rights.
- Job holder must portray a caring and professional manner in all aspects of work.
- Must show evidence of competence in management of anesthesia cases and evidence of active participation in relevant research
- The job holder must have good communication skills, a strong ability to work well under extreme pressure, self-discipline and excellent long term concentration.
Deadline: 30th April, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “Anesthesiologist” the as the subject of the mail.