SOBIC and Company is a rapidly expanding, opportunity-creating and customer-focused microfinance Institution (MFI) in Nigeria. A member, Association of Non-Bank Microfinance Institutions of Nigeria (ANMFIN), the company registered in July 2008 with Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) with head office located at Ibadan having more than seventybranches across the states.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Credit / Loan Officer
Locations: Ikorodu – Lagos; Igbeti, Iseyin, Oyo Town, Saki, Ibadan, Olorunsogo-Ibadan – Oyo; Sango-Ota – Ogun; Efon, Alaaye-Ekiti – Ekiti and Benin – Edo
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are looking for a Credit Officer to facilitate lending for our clients by assessing credit worthiness and processing relevant paperwork.
- Credit Officer responsibilities include preparing loan applications, evaluating clients’ financial information and calculating risk ratios. To be successful in this role, you should have a good understanding of lending procedures and customer service experience.
- Ultimately, you will help our clients acquire loans in a timely manner and ensuring that the loan is being repaid as at when due while ensuring we comply with the law
- Review loan requests
- Assess clients’ financial status
- Evaluate creditworthiness and risks
- Contact clients to gather financial data and documentation
- Analyze risks and approve or reject loan requests
- Calculate financial ratios (e.g. credit scores and interest rates)
- Set up payment plans
- Maintain updated records of loan applications
- Follow up with clients about loan renewals
- Monitor progress of existing loans
Deadline: 30th April, 2023.