Stella Maris Schools is a renowned educational institution that was established over 25 years ago. Presently, Stella Maris Schools has campuses in three (3) strategic locations in Abuja. This reputable Institution is known for the priority it has placed on delivering top class education and developing the social skills of its wards.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Early Years Teacher
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are looking for an Early Years Teacher who is keen on aiding this Institution achieve its core goals of delivering quality education to its students and helping them build great and sustainable interpersonal skills.
- Developing and producing visual aids and teaching resources;
- Organising learning materials and resources and making imaginative use of resources;
- Developing children’s curiosity and knowledge;
- Working with others, including teaching assistants and/or nursery nurses as well as volunteer helpers, to plan and coordinate work both indoors and outdoors;
- Observing, assessing and recording each child’s progress;
- Attending in-service training;
- Sharing knowledge gained with other practitioners and parents;
- Providing pastoral care and support to children and providing them with a secure environment to learn;
- Motivating and stimulating children’s learning abilities, often encouraging learning through experience;
- Ensuring the health and safety of children and staff is maintained during all activities, both inside and outside the nursery/school;
- Keeping up to date with changes in the curriculum and developments in best practice.
- Assisting with the development of children’s personal/social and language abilities;
- Supporting the development of children’s basic skills, including physical coordination, speech and communication;
- Encouraging children’s mathematical and creative development through stories, songs, games, drawing and imaginative play
Skills and Qualification
- Degree in Education, with a focus on early childhood development.
- Experience working with young children in a classroom setting.
- Ability to communicate with young children at their level.
- Patient, compassionate attitude, with a friendly, energetic disposition.
- Good mediation and nurturing abilities.
- Creative mindset with an ability to create memorable, out-of-the-box lessons.
- Passion for shaping and inspiring young minds.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to serve as a positive role model.
Deadline: 7th June, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.