Reliance Health uses Technology to Make Healthcare Accessible and Affordable. Through an integrated approach that includes affordable health insurance, telemedicine, and a combination of partner and proprietary healthcare facilities, Reliance Health offers innovative healthcare solutions that meet the needs of emerging markets.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Engineering Manager
Employment Type: Full time
- This role is tasked with leading a team of full-stack software engineers, both technically and as a line manager.
- The role interacts with other engineering managers to drive expectations, strategy, and consistent development of product solutions, as well as working with product managers who are responsible for the products and services that we are developing.
- Ensuring that we have agreed on product and technical designs ahead of implementation.
- Integrate user-facing elements developed by frontend engineers with server-side logic.
- Test and continuously integrate newly developed code with the existing codebase.
- Package products for deployment and automate their deployment.
- Automate IT operations to improve the reliability of high-scale systems.
- Collaborate closely with engineers to ensure that the designed solutions respond to non-functional requirements such as availability, performance, security, and maintainability.
- Analyze current code and industry developments to formulate more efficient processes.
- Monitor errors and bugs in the system.
- Collaborate closely with sister teams to develop related products.
- Understand the needs of your customers and be able to effectively design systems to meet those needs.
- Execute detailed creation of products through a combination of coding, verification, and debugging.
- Ensure products are compatible with multiple browsers and multiple devices.
- Carry out occasional maintenance on products to fix software bugs, change features, or completely upgrade the system.
- Evaluate new methodologies and technologies aimed at improving the quality, reliability, and performance of product development systems and processes
- Mentor and develop a team of engineers, supporting them and enabling their career growth.
- Continuously challenge yourself and your team, to allow for constant improvements
- Liaise with inter-divisional teams as appropriate.
- Recruit and scale your team of driven engineers who have high expectations around craft, ownership, and impact.
- Work alongside other engineer managers and to set the direction for your team, the engineering department, and the company as a whole.
- Define strategies to allow consistent development of solutions that reflect the ideas provided by the Product Team.
- Build a thoughtful, long-term technical strategy that anticipates future needs.
- Minimum of 6 years of software engineering experience.
- 2 years of people management experience would be good, but if you have spent.
- 2 years thinking about people management, then we would like to speak to you too.
- Proficiency in both PHP-Laravel and Java Springboot.
- Proficiency in Microservices patterns & Architecture.
- Good understanding of React.js and its core principles .
- Experience planning, executing, and delivering projects with multiple engineers in an agile environment.
- Experience in working in Agile Scrum Methodology
- A love of people management, great products, and product design.
- Strong focus on the technical design process and documentation practices.
- Willingness to code when required/
- Work alongside & learn from best-in-class talent
- Join a market leader within the Insurance space
- Attractive Salary & benefits
- Unlimited leave days
- Fantastic work culture
- Great work-life balance
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online