Kuda is a full service, app-based digital bank. Our mission is to be the go-to bank not just for those living on the African continent, but also for the African diaspora wherever they might live, anywhere in the world. Kuda is free of ridiculous banking charges and great at helping customers budget, spend smartly and save more. We raised the largest seed round ever seen in Africa, and completed a Series A funding round in February 2021, led by some of the world’s smartest venture capital investors. With offices in London (our HQ), Lagos and Cape Town, and further offices opening across Africa during 2021, Kuda is fast becoming recognised as the leading ‘Neobank’ for Africans.
To help us grow into the company that can bring meaningful change to the way people across Africa get access to great financial products and services in order to take control of their personal finances, we are actively looking for bright, talented, driven people who are excited by our mission. If this sounds like a great way to spend your valuable time, then please get in touch with us.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Financial Systems Accountant
Employment Type: Full time
- We are looking for a Financial System Operations Accountant (based in Nigeria) to support the Kuda Group in ensuring that the Finance function is a world-class, best-in-industry operation.
- They will have broad involvement in ensuring that processes and procedures are adhered to to ensure that accurate and relevant information is reported to the business.
- Reporting to and working closely with the Senior Management across different geographics, where you will be involved in all aspects of the finance function, from implementing a new financial system to implementing controls and processes across markets.
- Kuda needs high-quality support services across the organization, which are not simply fit for purpose but act as exemplars to others.
- Purchase and Payables (P2P): responsible for implementing controls and policies around the P2P cycle
- Process Improvement: explore and suggest ways to improve the day-to-day accounting processes
- Implementation of System: assisting with the rollout of a new accounting system (MS Finance & Operations) across the group
- Strong knowledge of IFRS and Financial Reporting: the individual will be responsible for operational expansion in the new markets
- Developing policies and controls: as we continue to expand, there is a need to have consistent policies and controls across the group
- Partner with the markets: work closely with new markets and provide guidance and support, taking into consideration the group-wide policies and mitigating risks and non-compliance
- Be the Finance Operations Partner for other departments: working closely with various departments from compliance, IT, marketing, expansion (to name a few) and provide adequate support and highlight issues to the group team on a timely basis
- Ad hoc, carry out any other duties as may reasonably be requested by the Group Financial Controller.
- CIMA/ACCA/ACA or equivalent qualification
- 3-5 years post-qualified experience of proven all-round accounting competence in a multi-entity/ group environment ideally gained in a Financial Services or regulated business
- Time management;
- Creative thinking
- Intermediate to advanced excel proficiency.
- Familiar with IFRS
- Have a deep understanding of how ERPs work and preferential to have experience in implementing one
- Working with teams across various geographic jurisdictions
- Strong interpersonal and business partnering skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
Expectations – Key skills and competencies
- Relationship building;
- Attention to Detail;
- A self-starting approach;
Why join Kuda?
At Kuda, our people are the heart of our business, so we prioritize your welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including but not limited to:
- Competitive annual leave plus bank holidays
- Group life insurance
- Health insurance
- L&D training
- We are advocates of work-life balance and offer a 3 day per week remote working option
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Leave a Reply