JMG is a diversified solution provider with a broad portfolio in power generation, electrical infrastructures, and industrial equipment. With over 20 years of experience in Africa and strong partnerships with some of the world’s leading brands, JMG combines global technologies and regional expertise to fulfill the African market’s development needs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Generator Operator
Location: Gbagada, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Inspect and conduct hourly checks on the gensets and associated installations and conduct pre and post starting checks before every operation. Escalate any abnormalities to Maintenance Supervisor.
- Inspect the gensets & associated installations thoroughly at assigned times on a daily basis.
- Conduct pre and post starting checks on the assigned gensets and associated installation before every operation.
- Conduct hourly checks on the Gensets Engine, Main Alternator, Gensets Panel and Soundproofing Canopy, record all technical parameters related to assigned gensets on hourly basis.
- Conduct hourly checks on diesel / Gas tank, diesel / Gas water separator and fuel lines for any sign of leakage.
- Promptly Operate Changeover Switch as per set process to switch the electrical load on PHCN & Generator AC Power sources for ensuring 24×7 seamless power to the client premise.
- Escalate any abnormality at site Gensets, Diesel / Gas Tank or Fuel Lines promptly to JMG Supervisor by snapping pictures and sharing on email/WhatsApp.
- Escalate promptly to the Maintenance Supervisor when the assigned Gensets is about to get due for Routine Service.
- During diesel / Gas delivery at site, conduct diesel / Gas test using Hydrometer provided at site while taking pictures of the test obtaining client/MS approval before commencement of delivery.
- Properly measure & record initial and final level of diesel / Gas inside diesel / Gas tank and signoff only the quantity received exactly at site after delivery. Update the quantity received in diesel / Gas register with every delivery.
- Wash and clean the Gensets externals and internals regularly to keep the gensets and surrounding very neat and clean at all times.
- Ensure no pilferage of diesel / Gas occurs in normal operations as well as during the delivery of diesel / Gas by the supplier.
- Maintain shift handover and takeover records with date time and signoff in Handover/Takeover Register provided by the agency.
- Maintain all the amenities provided by the Company such as Uniform, Personal Protective Equipment (PPEs) as well as Registers, Hydrometer, Tools if any in very good condition.
- Ensure the Gent Maintenance Card Log sheet is updated by the visiting Engineers on every maintenance activity is conducted.
- Comply strictly with company processes related with QMS, OHAS & EHS policies by JMG as well as Client.
- Take up IMS responsibilities such as reporting unsafe act, condition or procedure in the workplace, participating in fire or emergency drill at work, participating in incident reporting and investigation when necessary and adherence to Company policies.
- Basic qualifications should be at least Trade Test passed or similar. ND/OND for Electrical field and at least Trade Test passed from Mechanical field.
- BE in Electrical, Mechanical, Electro-Mechanical or equivalent is a plus.
- Must have 3-5 years of relevant experience in a leading industrial company with a strong experience in Power Supply/Generators industry.
- Must be ready to relocate to other Zones/ Areas/ Regions based on business needs.
- Hands on working experience on diesel / Gas generator and associated test equipment and tools
- Well experienced in servicing, trouble shooting of all electrical system problems in Diesel / Gas Generator Sets
- Well familiar with various types of Diesel / Gas Engine Generator Sets and specialized in Perkins or/and Lister Peter or/and Mitsubishi brands generators electrical system with Leroy Somer/Stanford/Marelli brands of Main Alternators
- Quality focused
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Team player that can be counted on to help when required
- Self-starter with a ‘Can-Do’ attitude
- Highly attentive to details
- Strong stamina
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Leave a Reply