Miva Open University is an education company building a new kind of university targeted at the African region. Miva is a Pan- African Distance e-Learning University that is built on a couple of beliefs: Firstly, we believe that the traditional brick and mortar approach to tertiary education is no longer a viable option in serving learners on the African continent. This approach will not provide the capacity and efficacy for the people of the region.
We are building a university experience that can leverage excellent academic talent (wherever it is to be found) and digital technologies to create a new, fresh, more efficacious and more accessible tertiary experience. Our second belief is that this new tertiary experience must not only meet but exceed the existing way of doing things in terms of quality, efficacy and preparing learners for the future. We are uncompromising in these beliefs and this is why we are excited to speak to you.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Product Manager
Location: Abuja (FCT)
- We are seeking an experienced and senior product manager to lead the development and implementation of our online university products.
- The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in product management, as well as a track record of successful product launches and management in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- As the Senior Product Manager, you will work closely with the university leadership team, marketing team, and technology team to lead product development initiatives from ideation to launch.
- You will be responsible for defining the product vision and strategy, conducting market research, and identifying and prioritizing product features and improvements.
- Develop and execute the product roadmap, including product vision and strategy, to ensure successful product launches and growth.
- Identify, define and prioritize product features based on market research, user feedback, and industry trends.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to ensure successful product development and delivery, including design, development, marketing, and operations.
- Conduct market research to identify trends, new opportunities and emerging technologies in the online education space.
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the organization to ensure successful execution of product initiatives.
- Lead the product team to ensure that all products are delivered on time, within budget, and to the highest quality standards.
- Analyze product performance metrics to identify areas for improvement and make data-driven decisions to optimize product performance.
- Communicate product updates, progress, and changes to all stakeholders, including senior leadership.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- A Master’s Degree is a plus.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in product management in an online education or technology-related industry.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work collaboratively across departments and teams.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to use data to drive decisions.
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to motivate and lead a team of product managers.
- Experience in project management and product development processes, including Agile and Scrum methodologies.
- Demonstrated success in launching new products and features in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously.
Deadline: 15th May, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Application Letter to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Please ensure your application provides the following information:
- Your curriculum vitae outlining your academic and professional qualifications as well as your work experience in reverse chronological order with your current, or most recent job first.
- We are determined to change the tertiary landscape in the African region. This is an ambitious objective and we look forward to having a personal conversation with you to take things forward. Thank you for your interest.