Daystar Power is a leading off-grid power service provider, offering hybrid power solutions to commercial and industrial businesses in West Africa. Daystar Power’s solutions “Solar-as-a-Service” (100% solar power) and “Power-as-a-Service” (hybrid power solutions with battery storage) provide clean and reliable power while significantly reducing clients’ overall power costs.
Daystar Power counts the region’s leading industrial and commercial companies among its client base. Daystar is active in Nigeria, Ghana, Togo and Senegal with a representative office in Cote d’Ivoire.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Structural Engineer
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are looking to engage a competent and experienced Structural Engineer. He or she will work with the Head of the Installation and Installation team to design/analyse roofs and structural support systems for solar projects.
- We are seeking a hard-working, motivated, and well-organised individual with a focus on continuous improvement to exceed expectations.
- Conduct structural inspection and analysis of commercial and industrial buildings.
- Identify possible process gaps and manage the structural assessment process improvement.
- Evaluate structural loads, wind load, and wind bearing capacity of various roof types.
- Provide mentorship and training on structural assessment to project engineers.
- Prepare foundation designs for solar arrays and related AC/DC equipment.
- Support project managers in resolving structural loading issues.
- Prepare calculations and drawings that demonstrate the structural soundness of roofs.
- Gain a working knowledge of PV system components like modules, racks, inverters, and Balance of System (BOS).
- Approximately 30% of time shall be spent in office environments with the remaining time in the field.
- The Engineer shall be capable of lifting up to 20kg; stand for an extended period of time; and work in an outdoor environment.
- Education: M.Sc. in Civil Engineering (Preferred)
- B.Sc. in Civil Engineering
- Experience: A minimum of 3 years of work experience in Civil engineering roles with specialisation in roofs.
- Language Proficiency: English.
- A self-motivated individual who demonstrates a sense of ownership with a high level of commitment and the ability to thrive under pressure.
- Passionate about quality of workmanship.
- Good communication skills and ability to lead and work well in teams.
- Discretion in dealing with sensitive information.
- Highly organised with the ability to manage multiple projects in parallel and prioritize competing demands, passion for renewable energy.
- PMP Certification is a plus.
- HSE certification is an advantage.
- Flexible to travel domestically and internationally.
- Must demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Office (Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint in particular).
- Opportunity to work in a forward-looking, innovative company, with international group of colleagues.
- Unlimited career opportunities – depending on achievements and personal development.
- A competitive salary and benefits package with long term prospect in a fast-growing company.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- Qualified women are encouraged to apply.