Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has
been a mainstay of South Africa’s financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
Stanbic IBTC Bank is recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Officer, Account Maintenance
Job ID: 12674
Division Group: Operations
Position Category: Business Support
Employment Type Full Time – Permanent
Regulatory Approval: Yes
To primarily provide Account Maintenance duties on customers’ accounts within agreed SLA and in line with bank’s procedures and ethical standards
Maintenance of customers’ accounts
• Execution of instructions by customers to provide a high level of customers satisfaction and quality output
• Proactively attending to requests and proffering alternatives that will suit the customer’s needs while working within the control policies of the bank
• Daily capturing of activities on metrics web page
• Assists to implement and continuously improves the Account Maintenance area in co-ordination with the Team leader, Account Maintenance , with a view of ensuring efficient and effective functioning and high level of service within the Account Maintenance area.
Customer and Business Partner Relationship Management
• Suggests and implements initiatives to improve customer satisfaction ratings
• Engages in the Customer Value Proposition and processing within Service Level Agreements and benchmark targets to ensure alignment to these requirements
• Ensure that assigned tasks are executed promptly
• Provides cost reduction initiatives and and ensures that budgets for the Account Maintenance area are met.
• Provides suggestions on how throughput can be maximised throughout the Account Maintenance area by noting processes that could be improved applying the principles of Lean manufacturing and Six Sigma.
• Ensures effective, efficient and optimal utilisation of all resources (human and capital) to be responsive to competitive pressures, changing market conditions, client needs and business strategies.
• Maintain a cooperative supportive working relationship with other team members
• Implements defined operational performance metrics geared towards meeting country objectives by analysing the existing gaps.
• Collaborates with other areas to ensure that best practices and a standard approach is followed.
• Provides accurate and timeous MIS as per the matrix agreed with Centre (ROA Operations) to enable informed decision making.
• Provides accurate and timeous reports as required to line manager
• Identifies and assesses the risks facing both systems and business processes thereby providing effective loss and risk management and so minimising the operational risks.
• Liaises with business stakeholders in ensuring that regulatory, group policy standards and minimum operating procedures are observed to minimise the Bank’s exposure to risk.
• Check risk implications and in need, refer to Compliance or Operations Control
Keep abreast with new policies and procedures at all times and educate team members accordingly
Deadline: August 6th, 2014