Marine Service Manager Job at Cummins Inc.
Cummins Inc. – A global power leader, is a corporation of complementary
business units that design,
manufacture, distribute and service diesel
and natural gas engines and related technologies, including
systems, controls, air handling, filtration, emission solutions and
electrical power generation systems. Headquartered in Columbus, Indiana,
(USA) Cummins currently employs approximately 48,000 people worldwide
and serves customers in approximately 190 countries and territories
through a network of approximately 600 company-owned and independent
distributor locations and approximately 6,800 dealer locations. Cummins
earned $1.48 billion on sales of $17.3 billion in 2013.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Marine Service Manager-288
Req ID: 150003VJ
Education, Licenses, Certifications:
- College, university or equivalent degree in Engineering or related technical field required.
- Intermediate level of relevant work experience required
- Have a good understanding of the Marine sector and related engines.
- Acts as technical liaison between the Cummins field service
organization and the Engineering, Quality, & Manufacturing
organizations to identify, define, and prioritize complex product issues
and to implement solutions.
- Support product development teams and problem solving teams via
the installation of field test engines or components and the monitoring
and reporting of reliability data.
- Participates proactively during reviews to ensure the
serviceability of new components and products including the monitoring
of new product performance.
- Creates initial publication and subsequent revision of service literature.
- Ensures new information regarding technical solutions and service procedures is communicated to the service organization.
- Coaches and mentors less experienced Service Engineers.
- Coaches and mentors less experienced service engineers. Identify
complex service issues, initiate problem solving, document cost and
customer impact information to establish priority for corrective action.
- Lead or manage failure analyses with Field Service, Warranty, and Engineering to communicate and define issues.
- Partners with distributors, dealers and customers to support the
investigation of complex escalated product issues, discuss solutions,
and conduct training because of complexity, longevity and criticality.
- 7 Step Product Problem Solving Process – Understands the
process steps, the expectations for each step, and is able to use the
7-step process to solve a problem. Incorporates Fault Tree Analysis into
the process. Has used on-the-job application of the 7-Step Product
Problem Solving Process to specific problems.
- Hazard Analysis – Knowledge of hazard analysis and its
relevance. Knows when hazard analysis should be applied and uses
appropriately as part of work. Understands the underlying principles,
techniques, and procedures. Leads Hazardous Analysis reviews.
- Rapid Problem Solving – Consistent demonstrated use of the
Rapid Problem solving process and databases. Can coach/train others on
process and database. Can identify improvements to the problem solving
processes and tools.
- Warranty/Policy Support – Demonstrates knowledge of corporate
warranty system and Marketing structure basics to support OEM’s,
Distributors, and end user customers to maintain excellent partnerships
- Communication – Written And Verbal – Significant experience in
written and verbal communication and should be capable of communicating
effectively to all levels within and outside the company.
- Data Gathering And Analysis – Capable of selecting and
performing the required measurements in a safe manner to determine data
quality and to apply predefined applications to raw data sets.
- Field Investigation – Some demonstrated ability to conduct a
field investigation including organizing the investigation with field
organization and using service tools for diagnosis, analyzing data, and
generating a field investigation report.
How to Apply