Accountant at Nation Delivery Express
Nation Delivery Express – Our company is the Africa market leader in
global express, Logistics. Nation delivery Nigeria Limited , is a
company registered as a logistic under cooperate affair
1038133 since 2012 and infrastructure with the introduction of online
tracking ensuring that we can continue to handle your parcels with
greater speed precision, and bring cheap parcel delivery to the masses,
so we are best placed to meet the rapid growth in demand within the
express parcels market.
We are a Lagos based socially responsible firm operating in service
industry rendering essential services to wide range businesses.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Accountant
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Accountant is responsible for all areas relating to financial reporting.
- This position will be responsible for developing and maintaining
accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and
timely financial statements.
- The Accountant is responsible for managing the team to ensure
that work is properly allocated and completed in a timely and accurate
- This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of
accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial
reporting, year end audit preparation and the support of budget and
- The Accountant will have contact with senior-level Attorneys and
the firm’s Executive Director and Controller which requires strong
interpersonal communication skills both written and verbal.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close.
- Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial information.
- Handle personnel issues relating to staff conflicts, absenteeism, performance issues, etc.
- Work with each direct report to establish goals and objectives
for each year and monitor and advise on the progress to enhance the
professional development of staff.
- Support Controller with special projects and workflow process improvements.
- Supports budget and forecasting activities.
- Collaborates with the other finance department managers to support overall department goals and objectives.
- Monitors and analyzes department work to develop more efficient
procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of
- Advises staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions.
- Responds to inquiries from the Director of Finance, Controller,
and other finance and firm wide managers regarding financial results,
special reporting requests and the like.
- Work with the Controller to ensure a clean and timely year end audit.
- Supervise the general ledger group to ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met.
- Assist the Controller in the daily banking requirements.
- Ensure the accurate and timely processing of positive pay transactions.
- Ensure the monthly and quarterly Bank Compliance activities are performed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department.
- Provide training to new and existing staff as needed.
- ND in Business with an emphasis in Accounting
- Technical Skills and Prior Experience
- Experience with Elite Enterprise, J.D. Edwards or other large automated accounting system a plus.
- Must have strong experience with Microsoft Excel, Access and Word.
- One to two years prior supervisory experience in the financial
reporting/general ledger area. Experience working in a law firm or
professional services firm is preferred.
- Must be PC proficient and able to thrive in a fast -pace setting.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines required.
- The marginal functions of this position have not been included.
- Strong interpersonal, supervisory and customer service skills required.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV’s to: email@example.com
Deadline 19th September, 2015.