APM Terminals Jobs for IT Specialist in Onne
At APM Terminals, we are a team of over 20,000 employees spread across
more than 60 countries united by a passion to provide our expertise in
port operations and container management services.
By providing the
expertise and port infrastructure essential to world trade, we actively
advancement of the societies around us, enabling local
economies to unlock their potential and build an even stronger global
community. Working with a team of talented professionals you will get a
chance to experience different cultures and make friends all over the
world. You’ll find a culturally diverse, stimulating environment at any
of our offices, terminals or depots. When you join APM Terminals, the
world is your workplace.
APM Terminals is an independent business unit within the Danish Maersk
Group – a Global Fortune 500 company with about 89,000 employees and
offices in 130 countries with global growth opportunities in a range of
fields from shipping and energy to our offshore and manufacturing
industries – Join us to achieve even your most ambitious career goals!
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IT Specialist
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Computer Science (or related field) from an accredited university.
- Must be familiar with applications software to support operations.
- Requires sound understanding of ERP software applications.
- Must have extensive understanding of computer hardware technology, maintenance, and operation.
- Demonstrate an expert level of knowledge and experience in
application design, development and implementation of medium to large
database projects, data management methodologies, technologies
- Requires at least Four (4) years of Supervisor/project
management experience in setting up of IT and Telecom Infrastructure
preferably in a transportation or industrial firm. Total IT experience
of not less than four years preferably within the industry or related
- Requires special technical knowledge of the techniques and
procedures of software and network support for multiple users. Must
understand installation, configuration and troubleshooting processes for
software, hardware, networking and accessory equipment.
- Must have extensive understanding of Network applications and usage.
- Responsible for coordinating physical changes to computer
databases; codes, tests, and implements physical database by performing
various duties in support of all software used.
- Designs logical and physical databases or reviews description of
changes to database design to understand how changes to be made affect
physical database (how data is stored in terms of physical
characteristics such as location, amount of space and access method.)
- Specifies user access level for each segment of one or more data items such as insert, replace, retrieve, or delete data.
- Trains end users in use of software applications.
- Confers with co-workers to determine impact of database changes
on other systems and staffing cost for making changes to database.
- Modifies database programs to increase processing performance.
- Communicates with other departments to report and resolve software, hardware and operations problems.
- Establishes physical database parameters.
- Codes database descriptions and specify identifiers of
database-to-database management system or direct others in coding
- Calculates optimum values for database parameters such as amount of computer memory to be used by database.
- Provides technical assistance to users
- Installs and tests software upgrades.
- Oversees a Help Desk for users, optimizing customer services
- Specifies which users can access databases and what data can be accessed by user.
- Tests and corrects errors, and refines changes to database.
- Enters codes to create production database.
- Selects and enters codes of utility program to monitor database
performance such as distribution of records and amount of available
- Directs programmer/analyst to make changes to database management system.
- Reviews and corrects programs.
The opportunity to be part of a high performing team that ensures West
Africa Container Terminal Ltd. operate the most efficient, safe and
profitable business in the region.
How to Apply
Deadline 6th November, 2015.