Emerson Process Management, an Emerson business, is the global leader
in helping businesses automate their production, processing and
distribution in the chemical, oil & gas, refining, pulp & paper,
power, water & wastewater treatment, metals & mining, food
& beverage and pharmaceutical
superior products and technology with industry-specific engineering,
consulting, project management and maintenance services.Its brands
include PlantWeb, Fisher, Micro Motion, Rosemount, Daniel, DeltaV,
Ovation, and AMS Suite.
Job Title: Business Development Manager
are seeking a dynamic and driven Business Development Manager, with
strong knowledge of the local market in Nigeria and Ghana to be
responsible for the growth (bookings and sales volume) of our Rosemount
business in Nigeria & Ghana. You will be responsible for developing
existing and new relationships with key stakeholders, some of who are in
remote locations, and have a strong desire to grow the existing order
book to exceed your targets. You will have excellent written and verbal
communication skills, take immense pride in your work and most
importantly, deliver on your commitments in an ethical manner.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering
- A minimum of 8 years experience in a similar role
- Strong knowledge of the local market and key customers
- Expertise within the instrumentation industry
Key Activities of the role include:
- · Work closely with the Local Business Partners (LBP’s) to
maximize potential for Rosemount and Emerson Process Management in the
- · Complete and submit monthly forecast with the LBP’s
Refer sales leads, customer feedback and information on
competitor activity to appropriate contacts within the organization
- · Coach and mentor any less experienced LBP sales representatives to help achieve sales targets
- · Build positive relationships with customers that will generate future sales and repeat business
- · Protect and grow existing installed base. Develop key accounts and target competitive accounts for market share gain
- · Assess customer requirements and suggest appropriate solutions
- · Establish annual, quarterly and monthly sales plans and
prioritize own activities and those of the LBP’s so these targets can be
- · Manage and develop the complete Rosemount product range
utilizing complete Emerson Process portfolio to solve customer
- · Generate “Quantifiable Business Results” (QBR’s).
- · Conduct differentiation / product seminars and/or training to internal and external customers.
- · Ensure activities tie into Product Marketing initiatives.
- · Develop Rosemount as the undisputed Wireless Leader in the region
- · Accountable for achievement of country budget
- · Co-ordinate with Product Marketing Managers to ensure common messaging.
Market Support Services
- · Ensure Process Sales and Marketing Strategies are
implemented throughout the country, in conjunction with regional
- · Assist in regular competitive market research as needed and identify local competitive threats.
- · Work with LBP’s to deliver first class pre-sales product and technical support.
- · Assist in any new and ad-hoc Marketing programs as needed
- · Assist new product launches in country, in conjunction
with Marketing Team. Activities include: product roll-out to LBPs,
customers, demonstrations deployment, training for LBP, ensuring local
approvals are met.
- · Assist in Marquee and Key Account and Project Pursuits
activities. In particular, focus on developing Differentiation
Strategies during initial pursuit cycle.
How to Apply
Click Here to Apply