Chief Accountant Needed in InterContinental Lagos
InterContinental Lagos is located on Victoria Island, in the centre of
Lagos home to the majority of
foreign embassies and multinational
companies, making it the perfect residence for affluent business and
diplomatic travellers. Built on an elevated terrain overlooking
Lagos’s port and the city below, the 19 storey hotel offers
uninterrupted, spectacular views of Lagos Skyline. InterContinental
Lagos comprises of 352 well-appointed, elegantly decorated rooms
and suites as well as a Club InterContinental floor.
What is your passion? Whether you’re into tennis, baking or karaoke, at
IHG we’re interested in YOU. We employ people who apply the same amount
of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies – people
who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we’re
looking for more people like this to join our progressive &
committed opening team at the InterContinental Lagos.
We are currently recruiting for the position below:
Job Title: Chief Accountant
Job Number: LAG000213
- To promote a professional and positive image to all of our
guests and contribute to the hotels targets by assisting with the
accurate processing of invoices and statements.
- Promote the desired work culture around the five core values of Trust, Integrity,
- Respect, One Team and Service of the InterContinental Hotels Group and the brand ethos.
- Financial Controller, Operations Manager, other accounts team members, liaise with key departments – all departments.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Assist in the timely billing of accounts.
- Assist in the reconciliation of accounts.
- Maintain clear lines of communication with outside companies to ensure timely and accurate supply of goods and services.
- Check arithmetic accuracy and invoices.
- Assist in reconciling the weekly purchase log.
- Prepare cheque run for approval on a weekly basis.
- Reconcile supplier statements with established records and report any discrepancies.
- Respond to and resolve account queries.
- Collate suppliers’ documentation for processing.
- Maintain a filing system for account receivable records.
- Assist in balancing daily transfer to city ledger and post, edit and update to accounts receivable system.
- Ensure all invoices have the appropriate documentation attached and approvals prior to processing.
- Process all invoices and statements.
- Record and process payments of goods and services.
- Maintain a filing system for accounts payable records.
- Assist to maintain the batch register and balance daily to general ledger.
- Assist in preparing the accruals journal at month end for regular suppliers and delivery dockets not paid.
- Aid in the preparation of the travel agents cheque listing.
- Use finance computer programs.
- Comply with hotel rules and regulations and provisions contained in the employment
- Actively participate in training and development programs and maximize
- opportunities for self development.
- Comply with company grooming and uniform standards.
- Comply with timekeeping and attendance policies.
Demonstrate service attributes in accordance with industry expectations and company standards to include:-
- Being attentive to guests.
- Accurately and promptly fulfilling guest requests.
- Understand and anticipate guest needs.
- Be able to promote the hotel (and InterContinental Hotels Group generally) products and services.
- Maintain a high level of product and service knowledge about all InterContinental
- Hotels Group hotels in your region.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge which will enhance the guest experience.
- Demonstrate a service attitude that exceeds expectations.
- Take appropriate action to resolve guest complaints.
- Appreciate the dynamic nature of the hotel industry and extend these service attributes to all internal customers.
Health Safety & Security:
- Demonstrate an understanding and an awareness of all policies and procedures relating to Health, Hygiene and Fire Life Safety.
- Familiarize yourself with emergency and evacuation procedures.
- Ensure all security incidents, accidents and near misses are
always logged in a timely manner and brought to the attention of your
- Comply with the company corporate code of conduct at all times.
- Have the desire and ability to improve your knowledge and abilities through on-going training.
- Ability to work as part of a diverse team with colleagues from different viewpoints, cultures and countries.
- Familiarize yourself with the company vision and values which
link to our model of desired behaviors that we expect all employees to
- Perform other tasks at the level of the role as directed by your line manager in pursuit of the achievement of business goals.
How to Apply