United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF), Nigeria is supporting the
Government of Nigeria to strengthen prevention of and response all forms
of violence against children.
In particular, assistance will be
provided to strengthen the child protection system, including through
modelling the system in four States, in order to demonstrate the impact
of a well-functioning child protection system, to develop a common model
for operationalizing the Child Rights Act at State level and to develop
standardized tools, including regulations, working protocols and
training manuals to govern the system.
If you are a passionate and committed professional and want to make a
lasting difference for children, the world’s leading children’s rights
organization would like to hear from you.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: National Consultant on Water Supply Facilities’ Management Systems
VN No: VN-NGR-56-2015
Type of Appointment: Special Service Agreement (SSA)
Purpose of the Consultant
- To support the development and operationalization of systems for
sustainable water supply facilities management within project
Major Tasks to be Accomplished
- Task 1: Conduct literature review on the existing documents on
water supply facilities technology options, Operation and maintenance
manuals, water point surveys and technical feasibility
- Task 2: Support a rapid assessment of motorized water supply
systems in key project States and document the existing technology
options and O&M practices
- Task 3: Facilitate stakeholders’ consultation towards the review
and finalization of the draft operation and maintenance manual for
- Task 4: Facilitate consultations and drafting of minimum service standards for community water supply delivery
- Task 5: Support the documentation of community level facilities
management practices and models and develop guidelines for service
contracts for water supply facilities management
- Task 6: Facilitate national and sub-national level dissemination
and capacity building activities on minimum service standards and water
supply facilities’ management systems
- Task 7: Support processes for introducing models on sustainable
water supply facilities’ management in at least 3 project communities.
- Post Graduate Degree in Engineering, Geology, Water Supply,Public Health or related fields relevant to WASH
- Minimum of 3 years progressive experience working in the WASH
sector and supporting community-oriented service delivery and
participatory capacity development for operation and maintenance of
diverse options of water supply facilities
- Ability to identify learning points, formulate strategies and scale up concepts
- Experience in networking, social mobilization and advocating for
results amongst government agencies, NGO’s private actors and
- Excellent training and facilitation skills with ability to
effectively lead participatory discussions and manage large group
- Good analytical skills and report writing ability including
experience in tracking programme effectiveness and efficiency with IT
skills and use of statistical software for data management
- Fluency in written and spoken English is essential. Knowledge of local languages would be an advantage.
- Effectively work as part of a team in difficult circumstances
and manage relationships with government Officials and other UNICEF
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and
establish harmonious and effective working relationships both within
and outside the organization.
- Minimum of 5 years progressive experience in designing,
construction and management of water supply facility options, especially
for rural communities
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should submit their application,
accompanied by updated CV’s in English and a completed United Nations
Personal History Form.
Application should be sent to: email@example.com Candidate are advised to put the Job Title on the Subject line of their email.