Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) Recruitment Disclaimer
The attention of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation
(NNPC) has been drawn to the activities of some fraudulent persons using
various devious means ranging from text messages, social media
platforms and forged letters to invite unsuspecting members of the
public for job interviews in
a purported recruitment exercise by the
Disclaimer – NNPC is Not Recruiting Now
For the avoidance of doubt, we wish to state as follows:
- That NNPC is currently not recruiting and will not demand payment in any form for any job placement.
- That NNPC, as a responsible statutory Corporation, does not
carry out recruitment without following due process or complying with
extant laws which mandate it to advertise vacant positions in national
newspapers, and it has not advertised any vacancy lately.
- That NNPC will advertise all vacant positions whenever it is ready to embark on a recruitment exercise.
- That members of the public, particularly unsuspecting
applicants, should be wary of fraudulent invitations for job interviews
at the NNPC Towers, Abuja, or indeed any of its offices or subsidiaries,
and that anyone who entertains such invitations or deals with peddlers
of such invitations does so at his or her own risk.
- That anyone contacted for the purpose of the purported
recruitment by the Corporation should not hesitate to report such
persons to relevant law enforcement agencies.