Reckitt Benckiser Job Opening for Production Planning Manager
RB is the world’s leading consumer health and hygiene company.Every day, across 60 countries, we work with the best people to challenge conventional thinking and strive to find even better ways to
give people innovative solutions for healthier lives and happier homes.We trust people in what they
do and we give full accountability and autonomy to make things happen. That’s how we generate the game-changing ideas that built 19 iconic Powerbrands around the world, such as Nurofen, Strepsils, Mucinex, Dettol, Lysol, Finish and Vanish.
High impact, consumer-led research is the heart of the company’s success. Ranked in the TOP 20 on the London Stock Exchange, our relentless drive to outperform has trebled our revenue since 2000 and quadrupled our market cap.
Job Title: Production Planning Manager
About the role
An exciting career opportunity is available for a Production Planning
Manager within the Manufacturing Department based in Nigeria. The
primary responsibility of the role is to develop and maintain cross
functional relationships to provide effective support to the business.
Key Responsibilities and Principal Accountabilities
- Manages the relationships with the Copackers and Suppliers and
working with them to better the synergies between the organisations
- Plans and prepares production schedules for manufacture of FGs:
- Responsible for the supply of new product launches in the region
- Liaise with Sales/Marketing and Suppliers for ensuring the deliverance of the right product specifications
- Ensures all imported materials have NAFDAC permits before material is shipped by constant Liaison with regulatory team
- Resolves all issues with customs and NAFDAC authorities as regards all materials being imported
- Creates doable production plans based on demonstrated capacity to
meet customer and inventory demands. Achieve a 95% Adherence to Schedule
- Draws up master schedule to establish sequence and lead time of each
operation to meet shipping dates according to sales forecasts or
- Effective management of suppliers through SLAs, regular meetings and KPI tracking
- Materials management (inventory planning, replenishment, rebuild plans, purchasing)
- Ensures Pos are raised at right the right time with right quantities
- Discuss and agree with formal processes for an efficient & productive interface on Supplies with the Copacker/Affiliates
- Expedites operations that delay schedules and alters schedules to meet unforeseen conditions.
- Graduate degree in engineering (Mechanical, Production), Basic
Sciences (Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and minimum of 5 years
relevant experience in similar role in an FMCG company.
- Background in master scheduling, forecasting, procurement and planning.
- Strong analytical abilities
- Strong knowledge of production and material planning process and
co-packer management, 3rd party logistic management within Consumer
Packaged Goods Industry
- Experience using PeopleSoft/JDE(preferred) or other ERP statistical software packages
- Good communication and Team building skills
- In depth knowledge of Engineering responsibilities, systems and standards
- Commercial awareness – Understands the impact of Supply decisions on business profitability
- Strong track record of delivery is critical
- People management – Proven experience in leading managing and developing teams, able to influence people of all levels
- Flexibility in thinking and pragmatic problem solving skills