Forte Oil Plc – We are a foremost indigenous major marketer of refined
petroleum products with a strong presence in the thirty-six states of
Nigeria and Abuja.
With well over 500 Forte Oil owned, dealer-assisted and dealer-developed
retail outlets spread across
the country, a major fuel storage
installation at Apapa, Lagos, another major storage depot at Onne,
Rivers State, an aviation joint users hydrant in Ikeja, Lagos, and joint
aviation depots in Abuja, Port Harcourt and Kano, we are indeed a major
marketer of choice in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Safety Officer
Reports To: HSE Manager
Job Band: TBA
Sub Function: Onne
- Monitor and report organization-wide compliance with established Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all critical equipment are maintained and in good working condition.
- Document all incident reporting and investigation procedures and ensure timely reporting of incidents and near-misses.
- Assist in conducting annual HSE self-assessment, pre-Audit assessment, Disaster Preparedness exercise and Fire drill.
- Maintain Administrative contacts with government agencies.
- Ensure personal protective equipment, such as dust masks, safety goggles, footwear and helmets, are used as stipulated.
- Liaise with various departments organization-wide to determine
their safety requirements (training,protective equipment, and corrective
measures), report promptly and follow up to ensure timely provision and
- Assist in the conduct of appropriate safety training for
employees as required, to foster health and safety consciousness and
understanding of individual roles in implementing the company’s HSE
- Assist in conducting training of employees to enhance HSE awareness.
- Conduct regular safety Walk-Around inspection at the Liquid Mud Plant and document gaps for prompt closure.
- Conduct regular safety meetings with Liquid Mud Plant employees, contractors and truck drivers.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned by the HSE Manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- The position requires a sharp thinking graduate of any
discipline with at least one (1) year relevant experience in the
upstream/downstream oil and gas sector and relevant certification and
training in HS&E.
The following skills are essential:
- Baseline/ intermediate appreciation of leading practices in health, safety, environment and quality.
- Intermediate/ good understanding of HSE regulations in the oil and gas sector.
- Good organization skills and attention to details
- Good data gathering and analysis skills.
- Good problem analysis and solving skills.
- Baseline/ intermediate appreciation of upstream/downstream oil
and gas sector as well as the impact of business operations on health,
safety, environment and quality.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Good networking and teaming skills.
- Internal: All employees.
- External: Service providers
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV with subject: “Safety Officer –
FO/FUS/SO/0915″ to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 28th September, 2015.