Specialist, Legal Services (Contracts and Advisory) at Etisalat
Etisalat’s vision is a world where people’s reach is not limited by
matter or distance; a world where people will effortlessly stay in touch
with family and friends;
a world where businesses of all sizes can reach new markets without the limitations of distance and
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Specialist, Legal Services (Contracts and Advisory)
- Assist in drafting and interpreting contractual agreements and
ensure that all contracts entered into by Etisalat are consistent with
corporate and governmental laws, rules and regulations.
- Assist the Manager, Legal Services (Contracts Advisory) in providing
legal advice to assigned departments and divisions on legal issues
arising from contracts.
- Monitor and respond to feedback from the respective Etisalat departments as required.
- Maintain a database of all contractual documents and related legal documentation.
- Liaise with relevant units/teams/functions in carrying out all relevant activities.
- Attend team/divisional/departmental meetings as required.
- Prepare/compile agreed periodic activity and performance reports for the attention of the Manager, Legal Services.
- Draft contracts and legal agreements including memoranda of
understanding (MoUs) or agreement (MoAs), letters of intent and other
- Review documentation and ensure that contracts, agreements and
tenders comply with agreed and approved conditions and make
recommendations to the Manager, Legal Services.
- Research and proffer opinion on any legal inquiries or issues of a
contractual nature arising out of the interpretation and application of
contracts and agreements.
- Assist in ensuring that terms and conditions set out in contractual
documentation are legally valid, consistent with Etisalat’s policies,
rules and regulations, and are in the organisation’s best interest.
- Participate in drafting and finalising tender documentation.
- Assist in litigation by or against contractors or other
counterparties arising out of contracts, agreements, or similar
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Manager, Legal Services.
- First degree in law
Experience, Skills & Competencies
- At least 3 – 5 years work experience in a law firm or telecoms environment
- Legal Research
- Passion for Excellence
- Empowering people
- Growing people
- Team work
- Customer Focus
- Contract Drafting
- Legislation and Compliance
- Problem Solving
How to Apply