United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF), Nigeria is supporting the
Government of Nigeria to strengthen prevention of and response all forms
of violence against children.
In particular, assistance will be
provided to strengthen the child protection system, including through
modelling the system in four States, in order to demonstrate the impact
of a well-functioning child protection system, to develop a common
model for operationalizing the Child Rights Act at State level and to
develop standardized tools, including regulations, working protocols
and training manuals to govern the system.
If you are a passionate and committed professional and want to make a
lasting difference for children, the world’s leading children’s rights
organization would like to hear from you.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: National Education Consultant Female Teacher Trainee Scholarship Scheme (FTTSS)
VN No: VN-NGR-54-2015
Type of Appointment: Special Service Agreement (SSA) for 30 working days
- Advanced degree in education/social sciences, preferably with specialty in Social Research.
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in Operational Research.
- High level of fluency in English language is mandatory and proficiency in Hausa an advantage.
- Excellent conceptualization, analytical and writing skills.
- More than 8 years’ progressive professional experience in the field of education and familiarity with northern Nigerian context,
Purpose of the Consultancy
- The purpose of the study is to assess the extent to which action
plans developed by the five Colleges of Education in response to
recommendations of the Female Teacher Trainee Scholarship Scheme (FUSS)
Operational Research (OR) conducted in 2014 have been implemented and
whether actions taken so far have had positive results, especially in
terms of retention and performance of the trainees.
- The study will primarily focus on the tutorial/remedial courses
and administrative actions intended to improve outcome of the FUSS
including retention, performance of trainees and value for money of the
Major Tasks to be accomplished:
- Desk review of relevant documents including FUSS Operational
Research and Tracer Study Reports, project work plans, reports and
- Present initial findings to UNICEF and partners for comments and inputs
- Finalize reports incorporating comments
- Develop detailed research methodology, protocols, fieldwork and analysis plan.
- Undertake field visit to Sokoto and Bauchi state to collect primary data.
- Conduct analysis of the primary data and prepare draft report
- Process the primary data into a database, and ensure the data is clean and error free.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should submit their application,
accompanied by updated CV’s in English and a completed United Nations
Personal History Form.
Application should be sent to: email@example.com Candidate are advised to put the Job Title on the Subject line of their email.
Click here to download United Nations Personal History Form
Deadline: 15th September, 2015.