Vacancy for Rope Access/NDT Technician
RusselSmith Group is a company created to to service the needs of the
global Oil and Gas exploration and production industry utilizing Rope
Access Technology as primary means of access.
A career at RusselSmith offers you growth and a chance to make a
difference. Throughout our
history, we have continued to help our
employees realize their dreams, whilst creating opportunities for them
to fulfill their personal and professional potential.
We are recruiting to fill the below position:
Job Title: Rope Access/NDT Technician
Job Reference Code: RS-OP-005
Job Type: Contractor
Educational Qualification and Experience
- IRATA Level III
- NDT Level II- UT, PT, VT, ET and RT
- 0-2 years
Duties and Responsibilities
- To carry out inspection of Structural Steel, Vessels and Piping.
- Coordinates Non Destructive Testing (NDT) activities and review of NDT reports
- To prepare reports for the demonstration of Techniques.
- To maintain the NDT equipment and instruments in good condition.
- To estimate the NDT consumables required for the type of work and to prepare request to purchase the consumables.
- Read and interpret the various drawings used in the projects for executing the work.
- Knowledge in preparation of test package and inspection test plan and QC procedures.
- To perform NDT as per job requirement as per request received from QC Inspectors.
- To evaluate and interpret the NDT results with respect to
applicable Codes, standards, specifications and approved company
- To prepare NDT reports and certify the results.
- To demonstrate each NDT techniques to QC Engineers and Authorized Inspectors prior to performance on the job.
- Responsible for inspecting duties, organizes and generates reports pertaining to inspection and evaluation.
- Expected to prepare reports on all testing and evaluations done.
- Responsible for ensuring that the equipments used for testing
are all functioning to its maximum and according to safety regulations.
- Responsible for endorsing the equipment to repair.
- Hold an appropriate current First Aid certificate, to show an undertaken suitable emergency First Aid training.
- Troubleshoots any project problems; assures that equipment and
materials are properly maintained for efficient operations; reports any
process or equipment problems to the Project Engineer/Administrator and
or Project Manager.
- Actively monitor the work environment for hazards; Identify and
highlight possible risk on project. Monitor evaluates and ensures that
all work is being carried out safely. Implement technical and safety
requirements for the project.
- To perform periodic verification of the calibration as per Code requirements.
- To coordinate with NDT subcontractor for other NDT requirements.
- Performs Nondestructive testing techniques and methods in
accordance with the clients’ needs depending on the type of inspection
- Responsible for executing the tests using the procedures and methods to determine maximum quality of the product.
- Attend all tailgate, team briefing, team debriefing and safety meetings.
- Responsible for prioritizing job orders in terms of its cost and effectiveness.
- Familiar with inspection techniques.
- Capable of completing responsibility for work projects and conversant with relevant work techniques and legislation.
- Daily reporting about progress, non-compliance, technical
queries and delay in work to the Project Engineer/Administrator and or
- Demonstrate all the skills and knowledge required of levels 1 and 2
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
- Good leadership skills are beneficial.
- Good reasoning ability is required to solve a wide range of operational problems.
How to Apply