The American University of Nigeria (AUN) was established in 2003. The
institution was conceived as Africa’s first Development University.
mission is to pioneer service learning and build leaders who will be
prepared to tackle societal
concerns. Located in Yola, Adamawa State,
the University is a world-class career-oriented institution missioned to
be an agent of change in the development of the region. AUN has a
strong commitment to providing the skills and the leadership essential
to solving the continent’s critical social and economic problems.
The University offers an American – style education modelled after
the curriculum of American universities with corresponding approaches to
teaching and students assessment. The first entering class of 124
students and 20 professors was enrolled in September 2005. In ten years,
AUN is fast becoming a model for other universities in Nigeria and West
Job Title: Drivers
American University of Nigeria, Yola, is seeking for Drivers. This
position is local position and opens to indigenous and/or legal
residents of Nigeria.
Department: Facilities Management
Opening Date: 6th October, 2015
Closing Date: 12th October, 2015
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
- Duties include operating and maintaining transportation vehicles with a focus on safety and customer courtesy.
- Operates and maintains assigned vehicle(s).
- Assists passengers in and out of the vehicle.
- Provides safety briefing to passengers; and providing other services
as requested by management when not engaged in transportation service.
- Maintains vehicle records.
- Performs daily pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspections
- Ensures that periodic scheduled vehicle maintenance is completed and reported.
- Prepares trip reports, accident and incident reports.
- High school and acceptable Experience and Training or Any
equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the
required knowledge, skills, and abilities, provided the age and safe
driving record requirements are met.
- Ability to prepare concise and accurate records and reports;
- Extensive knowledge of the operations and features of assigned vehicle(s);
- Ability to recognize vehicle maintenance needs;
- Ability to perform minor vehicle repairs;
- Skilled in reasoning skills to interpret policies and procedures, maps, and route directions;
- Ability to administer First Aid and CPR.
- Must be able to pass Department of Transportation physical exam and successfully complete an Alcohol/Drug screening process.
- Class “E” Nigerian driver’s licence.
- Must be a minimum of 21 and maximum of 40 years of age in addition to a safe driving record;
- Must also be available to work flexible hours.
- Ability to drive a multi-passenger vehicle safely and appropriately,
including ability to read and interpret road signs in English;
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing;
- Ability to establish effective professional relationships with customers, co-workers, and upper level staff and employees;
Other requirements, abilities for the position:
- Serves as a positive role model while providing transportation service.
- Customer service skills.
- Team player.
Description of Benefits:
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the University.
How to Apply
Suitably qualified candidates should submit their resumes, cover letters and references to firstname.lastname@example.org
before the closing date of this publication.
The position being applied
for should be the subject of the email. Only shortlisted candidates
will be contacted.
AUN is an equal opportunity employer and strives to provide a
culturally diverse workforce; we do not discriminate in employment on
the basis of race creed, colour, nationality, origin, age, sex, religion
and marital status.
For information on AUN, visit our Web site at www.americanuniversitynigeria.org