The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian
organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer
and more dignified life for refugees and internally
NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers
assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water,
sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Driver
Generic Professional Competencies:
- Experience from working as service support staff in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- SSCE of WASSCE or NECO Educational Qualification is required
- Valid Driver’s License/Driving school certificate
- Fluency in English
Context/ Specific skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- At least 3 years of experience working as a driver in a reputable organisation
- Ability to work long hours and under pressure
- Knowledge of the road rules and signs in Nigeria
- Knowledge of the streets and routes in Abuja
- Knowledge of preventive and maintenance measures for vehicles
- Drive NRC vehicles to pick or drop employees at their designated duty areas within and sometimes outside Abuja.
- Perform preventive and regular maintenance on NRC vehicles
- Chart the best route possible in order to save time
- Update the office on the status of the vehicle particulars for timely registrations and renewals.
- Deliver Important documents to required destinations as directed.
- Ensure that all deliveries have been signed and delivered to the correct recipient
- Keep NRC vehicles clean and maintained at all times
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Applications received after this date will not be considered
Deadline 24th December, 2015.