Axios Foundation (AF) Job Opportunity in Kano
The Axios Foundation (AF) is a US-based public charity focused on the implementation of programs to drive access to care in the developing world. Axios engages with local stakeholders, opinion leaders, government authorities and health facility management to assess and improve local infrastructure, including hospitals and laboratories, and to manage effective supply chain management systems and disease management programs. In addition, the Foundation manages a number of international drug donation programs.
We is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Vaccine/HTSP Supply Chain Adviser
Job Type: Internal & External
- The applicant will be responsible for the DFID funded Maternal Neonatal, and Child Health Program in Nigeria. The program covers six states in Northern Nigeria and in addition to providing and strengthening MNCH services, will also include routine Immunization.
- The Vaccine/FP Supply Chain Adviser will support strengthening of the health commodities supply chain and ensure delivery of program health commodities.
- The applicant will support the vaccines logistics and supply chain management activities for the MNCH2 program.
- A Degree in Pharmacy or Medical Laboratory Science.
- A Master’s degrees in Public Health will be an added advantage.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in health commodities logistics and supply chain management.
- Knowledge and experience in MNCH, reproductive health, family planning routine immunization, and other health programs.
- Experience in capacity building and training of logistics and health facility staff.
- Experience working in Northern Nigeria, particularly in Kano, Kaduna, Kastina, Jigawa, Yobe and Zamfara.
- Demonstrated ability to work with government staff at multiple levels including the state and local community levels.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Advise and guide MNCH, SMOH, Government of Nigeria, and other stakeholders on supply chain issues, best practices, policies, innovations, and performance.
- Provide leadership and guidance to State Logistics Coordinator in each of the program states on addressing health commodities supply chain challenges and issues.
- Provide support for the design of a strategy for integrated supply chain systems capable of managing all health commodities (essential medicines, MNCH, FP/RH commodities, vaccines, etc.).
- Provide overall technical support and leadership on institutionalizing/strengthening Drug Revolving fund in the state.
- Provide overall technical guidance on procurement activities of the state including monitoring of procurement performance in such a way to forestall stock outs of essential medicines, MNCH, HTSP/RH and vaccines in collaboration with the vaccine/H TSP Adviser
- Coordinate the assessment of existing supply chain and logistics systems in all the states, identify gaps and weaknesses, and develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), policies, guidelines, and procedures to build capacity and promote sustainability.
- Coordinate with the projects M&E team to ensure that logistics related data is effectively captured throughout the supply chain.
- Coordinate with other projects and donors (including DFID, USAID, Global Fund, GAVI, etc.) on service delivery, commodities supply chain and logistics strengthening.
- Work with state logistics officers to identify needs for technical assistance to state and local level health institutions.
- Ensure best practices and lessons learned are shared across the states.
26th January, 2016
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should send their applications to:email@example.com
Note: The Job involves extensive local travel up to 40% of the time.
Deadline: 20th January, 2016.