Executive Chef at Newrest Group
Newrest is the only major catering company active in all catering and
related hospitality segments including airline catering, buy-on-board,
duty-free on board, rail catering, concession retail, contract catering,
health care, education, remote site and support services.
2014 revenues under management of 1,4 Billion Euros and more than 28,000
employees world-wide in 49 countries, Newrest offers the opportunity to
develop your potential and initiate an outstanding career path within a
Newrest is looking for a Executive Chef to support its development in Lagos – Nigeria
Job Title: Executive Chef
- To be responsible for allocation of work to other kitchen staff.
- When required, to prepare and cook dishes.
ensure timely pre preparation / mis-en-place (wash, clean, cut
vegetables, fruits, meat, chicken, fish and bakery products) and
- To ensure proper cleanliness of the kitchen area.
know and observe all safety rules and effectively supervise so as to
ensure implementation of company HSE policy and discipline in the
production area and by the staff.
- To ensure that all norms,
procedures, policies, documentation logs pertaining to HSE / HACCP
company standards are followed and records maintained.
- To ensure
proper cleaning and sanitization as per company standards of kitchen
area, stores, chillers, freezers, dry stores within the
kitchen/production area. Also ensuring the cleaning of work tables,
cooking utensils, tools, kitchenware and other related production
equipment and machinery is cleaned after use and kept in its allotted
place to ensure easy availability and safety.
- To follow Newrest HSE plan and achieve HSE targets.
- To organize all the resources within the Kitchen and other areas.
- To ensure timely preparation of food as per set menu and within the set cost.
ensure quality, quantity and hygienic food is served with particular
emphasis on presentation. To try and ensure minimum / no wastage (excess
- To plan and cost menus in coordination with the
deputy project manager keeping in mind the basic principle of FIFO. To
plan for variety of preparations in the menu ensuring the satisfaction
of the client and within the set cost norms.
- To assist store keeper in indenting for provisions.
- To oversee/assist/sort out stores and maintain stores including meat, fish, vegetable and frozen items.
- To ensure that all required data are made available for the proper use of Unirest, and follow its methodology.
- Minimum ten years’ experience as Cook/Head Cook/Chief Cook
- Having knowledge and skills in the preparation of international food.
- Good command of English written and spoken and French is a plus.
How to Apply