The Federal College of Education, Zaria, Kaduna State – The authorities
of Federal College of Education, Zaria, wish to announce that the
position of the Provost of the College is about to be vacant.
Therefore, applications are invited from suitably qualified individuals for the position below:
Job Title: Provost
Duties of a Provost
- Th post of the Provost is created by the law establishing
Federal Colleges of Education in Nigeria, ACT CAP. 129 LFN ACT CAP F8
LFN 2004, SECTION 10
- The Provost shall hold office for a period of four years
beginning from the effective date of his appointment and on such terms
and conditions as may be specified in his letter of appointment and may
be reappointed for another period of four years and no more.
- The Provost shall be the Chief Executive Officer of the College
and shall be charged with the responsibility on matters relating to the
day-to-day management and operations of the College.
- Among others, some specific duties of the Provost include being the:
- Chief Academic, administrative and accounting officer of the College.
- Chairman of the Academic Board;
- Membership of the Governing Council of the College in charge of
providing periodic reports on the progress of the College in terms of
reports on personnel, finances and infrastructures and ensure the
decisions of Council are carried out promptly,
- Responsible for approving and authorizing all payments and
expenditures of the College in accordance with financial regulations,
treasury circulars and Council’s decisions/directives under sound
financial discipline arid management;
- Responsible for ensuring meetings of Council and its committees are serviced, etc.
Candidates willing to apply for the post of Provost, Federal College of
Education Zaria shall possess the following qualifications:
- Must be a Chief Lecturer or equivalent from a tertiary
institution with at least five years experience on the post and PhD in
- Must possess a teaching qualification and a teaching subject in the College;
- Must have evidence of academic and administrative leadership in a tertiary institution.
- Evidence of Professional standing and honours;
- Practical ICT skills and packages;
- Evidence of Community Services,
- Shall not me more, than 55 years of age at the time of taking off appointment;
- Must be morally upright with clean track of records in service delivery
Conditions of Services
The Conditions of Service for the post of Provost are as obtainable for
Political Office holders and as obtained for all Provosts in Federal
Colleges of Education in Nigeria and as may be determined by Government
Policies from lime to time.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward Twenty (20) copies of
their Application in their own handwriting, including a comprehensive
and standard Curriculum Vitae, attaching photocopies of all Credentials
and supporting documents to:
The Registrar/Secretary to Council,
Federal College of Education,
Note: Applicants are required to request their
referees, each, to send a Confidential Report to the Registrar not later
than the closing date specified above.
Deadline: 3rd March, 2016.