NERI Nigeria – An International Development Organization, is seeking applications from qualified Nigerian nationals for the position of:
Job Title: Community Development Facilitator –Media
Job Type: Full Time
Job Field: Administration / Secretarial NGO/Non-Profit
- University degree or ND, HND in Mass Communication, Journalism, International affairs or other related social sciences field is required.
- Three or one years’ minimum work experience in a related field is required.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills is required.
- Prior experience with USAID or US Government funded projects is highly desirable or experience with an international NGO/Development Organization will be an added advantage.
- Problem solving, stress management and time management Skills are required.
- Proficient at using Microsoft office software: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Excellent record keeping and documentation skills are required.
- Experience of working in a conflict environment is a plus.
- Written and spoken fluency in English is required.
- Fluency in one or more of the local state languages in the North Eastern part of Nigeria is required
- The Community Development Facilitator (CDF) is responsible for identifying project activities in line with NERI country objectives, overseeing grant design, implementation and closeout (this is called the “Activity Cycle”.
- This includes understanding the strategic objective of each activity and how they fit into the NERI overall goal, as well as overseeing a team to assure successful and rapid implementation of each activity.
- Activity implementation is mostly “in kind” which means that program management for each activity, including procurement, coordination, logistics and sub-contractor management, as well as monitoring and oversight and final reporting all falls on the responsibility of the Borno Program Team for each activity.
- The CDF will interact with community groups, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), community-based organizations (CBOs), associations and other groups implementing NERI-funded activities or potential activities.
- The CDF will develop key transitional activities with local groups, and local/regional government, negotiate budgets, and be the primary field oversight for ongoing activities.
- This position will be based in Maiduguri, Borno State, with program activities expected to be carried out throughout the state. Travel is expected.
Reporting & Supervision:
- The CDF reports to the Regional Program Manager.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Liaise with community groups, NGOs, CBOs, associations and other community stakeholders to identify potential partners for NRTI activities.
- Identify potential media activities for NRTI support
- Work with State Program Manager (SPM), and Abuja-based Program team, develop project ideas identified for support for YL/GL submission.
- Work with media or related organizations to budget and prepare logistics for activities
- Monitor and report on routine program operational activities and scheduled program events, reporting activity summaries to SPM and Abuja-based Reporting Officer.
- Work with NRTI staff to ensure project attendance at local events.
- Collect information on program activities, including beneficiary targets.
- Work with Program, M&E and Grants teams to create and maintain project trackers.
- Support review of Final Evaluation Reports and grant closing.
- Attend focus groups to derive lessons learned to inform future project activities.
- Assist in the development of activity ideas based on information collected in the field.
- Facilitate linkages between communities as needed.
- Any other duties suitable to task and commensurate with ability
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit the following documents before the closing date above:
- A current resume or curriculum vitae (CV) listing all job responsibilities.
- A cover letter
- Three (3) professional references
- Please reference the job title and location on the cover letter and resume or CV.
Alternatively, Please Submit Applications to:
PO Box # 20350
ATTN: Human Resources Office
To the following e-mail address: email@example.com
Note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
29th February, 2016.