Food Technologist Savoury Job at Givaudan
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Food Technologist Savoury
Requisition: ID 59061
The primary focus of this position is to execute daily brief-related tasks and apply knowledge during the flavour selection, evaluation and application development. Serve as technical expert and advisor to marketing, sales, flavour creation and customers for specific savoury applications
Your professional profile includes:
- Diploma/Degree in Food Science/Technology
- 3 – 5 years Senior Product Development Experience in the Savoury segment
- Practical experience in food product development, manufacturing and flavour applications
- Well-developed olfactory and sensory skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Fluent in English (spoken and written)
- Computer Skill MS Office based programs with emphasis on Excel, Power Point and Word
- Team-focussed work style, whilst being able to work independently
- Ability to balance both analytical and intuitive thinking
- Ability to work in complex matrix organisation
- Hands-on work style with a Winning personality
- Ability to gather the know-how from other units
- Passion for food technology, culinary trends and innovation.
- Providing technical support to customers (directly) or through project briefs, including the recommendation of flavours and technical information on application issues.
- Prepare, organize, and/or execute state-of-the-art flavoured food products for customer presentations
- Recommend optimal flavours for customer projects according to all relevant requirements (taste profile, legislation, technical suitability, costs, etc) and maintain the flavour collections
- Develop new application recipes as well as new concepts for customers, based on new developments in the market, trends, new raw materials
- Work strictly according to the company requirements for optimal safety, hygiene and protection of the environment.
- Act as independent project leader for all allocated projects
- Report results in concise way in support of WinRate and sales.
- Arrange and conduct tasting sessions, process and interpret the results to customers and internally
- Take responsibility for technical customer communication to achieve a positive outcome of projects.
- Leverage on new technologies for submissions to customers and also identify new opportunities.
- Provide support and exchange information on flavour performance, food recipes with other Givaudan sites
- Maintain the product portfolio and support the local librarian sensory evaluations
- Able to travel in the Sub-Saharan African region
How to Apply