Located in 62 countries with 64,000 employees, Lafarge is a world leader in building materials, with top-ranking positions in its Cement, Aggregates & Concrete businesses. In 2013, Lafarge posted sales of 15.1 billion euros.
Lafarge ranked amongst the top 10 of 500 companies evaluated by the “Carbon Disclosure Project” in recognition of their strategy and actions against global warming. With the world’s leading building materials research facility, Lafarge places innovation at the heart of its priorities, working for sustainable construction and architectural creativity.
We are recruiting to fill the below position:
Job Title: Project Engineer Affordable Housing and Building
Location: Oregun, Lagos
Business Unit: Aggregates and Concrete (A&C)
Job Type: Permanent
- The Project Engineer would have the primary responsibility of managing a portfolio of projects concurrently including ensuring customer requirements agreed are delivered within each project.
- Enforce good H&S practices on sites Plan, coordinate and oversee various projects as well as supervising on-site contractors, where applicable
- Develop scope of work and secure resources necessary to accomplish the scope of work to time, scope, quality and budget
- Manage the execution of housing projects within defined scope, quality, budget and timescales.
- Represent Lafarge as primary contact on site with the various stakeholders
- Provide technical support on site and collaborate with Lafarge colleagues in various departments to deliver projects.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Enforce H&S best practices on site
- Produce and control project plans to deliver projects
- Maintain project schedule and budget by monitoring project progress. Coordinate activities on site, carry out resource planning, problem resolution and risk management
- Prepare project status reports to disseminate information and trends as well as proposing corrective actions
- Contribute to risk and opportunity assessments and manage throughout project life cycle
- Coordinate the procurement process – aise requisitions, follow-up approvals of purchase orders and deliveries, as applicable
- Manage project documentation
- Ensure quality of jobs and manage process of acceptance by clients
- Define communication plans and coordinate the change management process.
- Track project milestones, financial deadlines and maintain the project schedule.
Essential & Desirable Skills
- Presentation, communication and networking skills
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills
- Exhibit political and cultural sensitivity
- Ability to build relationships and work well across functions
- Be influential and take initiative
- Ability to meet competing demands and effectively manage multiple priorities and projects
- Good knowledge of construction best practices, project management, project budgeting, risk assessments
- H&S evaluation and implementation
- Proficient with project management tools – AutoCAD, MS Projects, Primavera Understanding of Construction law and contracts.
- Working knowledge of quality assurance/control of concrete testing and aggregates specifications
- Deliver results, solve problems with flexibility and resourcefulness, effectively work independently with minimal supervision in a dynamic environment and manage through system and processes.
How to Apply
Deadline: 1st March, 2016.