Accountant and Human Resources Jobs at Petronomics Limited
Petronomics Limited, a group of companies with interest in several lines of business in Lagos State, is currently seeking to employ suitably qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Group Accountant
Duties / Responsibilities
- All accounting activities, including but not limited to, general ledger preparation, financial reporting, year-end audit preparation and the support of budget and forecast activities.
- Accounting issues including tax, accounting standards, compliance, etc.
- Financial planning with a focus on achieving and maintaining profitability.
- Preparation and processing of monthly payroll for staff.
- Procurement and the management and control of the disbursement of the budget.
- The accurate and timely monthly and year-end close and readiness of financial data, reports, pay transactions, budget and forecasting activities.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures with emphasis on internal controls, risk management and governance.
- Collaborate with the other department managers and the company’s Directors to support overall department financial goals and objectives.
- Monitor and analyse department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Develop and implement new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of financial matters within the company, providing training to new and existing staff as needed.
- Work with each direct report to establish goals and objectives for each year and monitor and advise on the progress to enhance the professional development of staff.
- Interface with suppliers, debtors, creditors, clients and other third parties as required in a courteous and efficient manner, either in person, in writing or by telephone.
Qualification / Competence / Skills
- Degree or equivalent qualification in Accounting or minimum five years’, ICAN / ACA is a must have
- Experienced Microsoft Office user, particularly Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Experienced Sage, QuickBooks, FreshBooks and other financial software user.
- Competent Internet, email and Google applications user.
- Sound knowledge of the entertainment/advertising industry within Nigeria.
Job Title: Head, Human Resources (Manufacturing)
Duties / Responsibilities
- Provide human resource generalist services, including compliance with regulatory agencies
- Provide direction to employees in the resolution of problems, related to benefits, company policies, etc
- Schedule and create project assignment to meet completion dates.
- Source, screen and recommend candidates for employment and conduct new employee orientation.
- Manages Employee Temporary Services.
- Facilitate internal/external Health and Wellness activities.
- Create facilitate communication and employee involvement initiative.
- Administer local salary performance review procedure, and employment related policies and procedures.
- Responsible for HRIS administration and maintenance.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Support the administration of Worker’s Compensation and coordination of workplace safety programs.
- Conduct training sessions related to Ethics, benefits, safety, or others as required.
- Plan and participate in Division Talent Management and Succession Review.
- BSC / HND in a relevant field.
- PHR/SPHR / CIPM / CIPD certification is a must have between 7-10 years of related experience in a manufacturing setting.
- HR generalist experience.
- Superior interpersonal skills and time management.
- Minimal travel required.
- Proficient in all MS Office applications. PeopleSoft experience a plus.
- Experience in maintaining a nonunion presence or in the administration of a collective bargaining agreement including grievance investigation, responses and participation in contract negotiations desirable
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to:firstname.lastname@example.org with subject matter “Head, Human Resources (Manufacturing)”. Without the appropriate subject, the application will not be attended to.
Deadline: 21st April, 2016.