Junior Technical Analyst Jobs at IITA
International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is an international non-profit agricultural research-for-development (R4D) organization established in 1967, governed by a Board of Trustees, and a member of the CGIAR Consortium. Our R4D approach is anchored on the development needs of the tropics. We work with partners to enhance crop quality and productivity, reduce producer and consumer risks, and generate wealth from agriculture. We have more than 100 internationally recruited scientists from about 35 countries and 900 nationally recruited staff based in various stations across Africa.
IITA seeks suitable Nigerian for the position below at the Institute’s Headquarters, Ibadan:
Job Title: Junior Technical Analyst
Recruitment Type: National (3-year renewable contract)
Qualification and Competencies
- BSc/HND in Computer Science, Mathematics and any other related field with minimum of 2-3 years of experience performing similar role in a structured organization.
ResponsibilitiesSuccessful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Care for the business connectivity of databases and SharePoint;
- Assist the Senior technical analyst with programming work in MySQL and MS SQL;
- Assist in analyzing business processes together with the data manager, project manager and any other relevant person in information management;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
The ideal candidate must have:
- Good experience with administering an institutional SQL database (MySQL, MS SQL).
- Strong skills in database/SQL programming, both MySQL and MS SQL.
- Strong in analyzing data structures and bug fixing.
- Advanced programming skills in Java and ASP.NET.
- Expertise in linking and patching MySQL databases with SharePoint.
- Experience with SharePoint is an asset.
- Ability to communicate with end-users and to assess/improve the usability of an interface.
- Team player: willing to share information with colleagues and users, flexible, respectful and friendly and open in cooperation, ready to seek compromise solutions.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should forward their applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include either the Head of applicant’s current or previous organization or applicant’s direct Supervisor/Superior officer at work and evidence of current remuneration package.
Click here to apply online
Click here for more information (PDF)
Note: IITA is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from female candidates.
Deadline: 4th May, 2016.