Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) Latest Jobs in Nigeria April 2016
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally
displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters, NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours’ notice when a crisis occurs.
Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Assistant
In light of the displacement in the north eastern part of Nigeria, NRC is continuing its emergency response programme in Nigeria to respond to the humanitarian needs.
In the coming months, the main focus for NRC would be conflict affected populations including IDPs, returnees and the local communities in Borno State. NRC will initially be starting activities in the area of food security, water and sanitation and shelter sectors. NRC is therefore seeking a Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant based in Maiduguri, Nigeria for 2016. The Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant will report to the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer.
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
In light of the displacement in the north eastern part of Nigeria, NRC is about to start up an emergency response programme in Nigeria to respond to the humanitarian needs.
In the coming months, the main focus for NRC would be conflict affected populations including IDPs, returnees and the local communities in Borno State. NRC will initially be starting activities in the area of food security, water and sanitation and shelter sectors. NRC is therefore seeking a Monitoring and Evaluation Officer based in Maiduguri, Nigeria for 2015. The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will report to the Area Manager.
• Minimum 3 years’ experience from working in a humanitarian/recovery context
• Degree or diploma in a relevant field such as Statistics, Development studies etc.
• Experience with surveys, studies, data entry, management and analysis a must.
• Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
• Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
• Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
• Managing resources to optimize results
• High-level competency in computer skills (data analysis softwares e.g. SPSS, or similar)
• Fluency in English, both written and verbal
• Fluency in one or more of the national/regional languages
• Ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision.
• Highest standards of ethics and integrity
• Ability to work in insecure environments
• Communicating with impact and respect
• All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Codes of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable
Applicants can submit their application letter and updated CV to the following e-mail address:firstname.lastname@example.org
The title of the position (Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant – Maiduguri) must be indicated in the subject line of your e-mail. Please notice that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.