International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is an international non-profit agricultural research-for-development (R4D) organization established in 1967, governed by a Board of Trustees,
and a member of the CGIAR Consortium. Our R4D approach is anchored on the development needs of the tropics. We work with partners to enhance crop quality and productivity, reduce producer and consumer risks, and generate wealth from agriculture. We have more than 100 internationally recruited scientists from about 35 countries and 900 nationally recruited staff based in various stations across Africa.
IITA seeks suitable Nigerian for the position below at the Institute’s Headquarters, Ibadan:
Job Title: Projects Finance Manager
Recruitment Type: National (3-year renewable contract)
Qualification and Competencies
- MBA in Financial Management with 15 years relevant managerial experience performing similar role in a well-structured organization.
- Possession of ACA or ACCA is a must.
ResponsibilitiesSuccessful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Set up accounts/files in order to meet reporting requirements of donors on restricted on core project
- Review restricted core accounts
- Investigate and responding to queries from donors
- Prepare of restricted core status/receivables schedules and determination of year-end provision for Audited Financial Statements
- Monitoring and reporting on payments/justification to NARS.
- Coordinating closing of monthly accounts on oracle, setting up of periods in the system and
- Backs topping of Institute stations’ Administrators/Finance Officers on both financial and donor related issues.
- Produce of periodic financial statements on restricted core projects
- Monitor and follow-up on receivables from donors
- Ensure reconciliation and booking of financial statements to the general ledger
- Advise Project Coordinators/Scientists on financial status of Projects.
- Ensure computation and booking of overhead chargeable on restricted core.
- Ensure provision of annual budget for restricted core projects
- Liaise with Contracts & Grants Officer, Project Coordinators and Scientists on project-related issues
- Advising top Management on financial requirements/budgeting on contractual agreements with donors
- Resource Person during Station Administrator & Accountants` meeting and Induction of new Staff
- Act as Contact Person for the Institute to the CRP Lead Centres
- Member of On-Campus Project Maintenance that supervises and monitor effectiveness of the projects
- Member of the Extended Management team that advises the Management on Project Execution and Sustainability
- Serve as Finance Directorate Training Coordinator
- Monthly review of IRS & NRS Payroll
- Responsible for ensuring adequate recovery of overhead on projects managed by the Institute on a regular basis
- Supporting the Accounts Receivable Module of Oracle
- Serve as member of the Institute Risk Committee that assesses and advises the Management & Board on Continuity Plan
- Signing of Cheques and making on-line payments (GAPS, Master Cards, etc.)
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor accept responsibilities.
Ideal Candidate must:
- Demonstrate a strong interest and understanding of the non for profit making working environment;
- Strong communication skills-verbal and written
- Excellent judgment, critical thinking and interpersonal skills.
- Have the ability and desire to work in a fast-moving and high-intensity working environment;
- Have the confidence and ability to effectively communicate with team members,
- Be Dependable, takes initiative and ready to accept responsibilities.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should forward their applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include either the Head of applicant’s current or previous organization or applicant’s direct Supervisor/Superior officer at work and evidence of current remuneration package.
Click here to apply
Click here for more information (PDF)
Note: IITA is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from female candidates.
Application Deadline 9th May, 2016.