Fresh Job at IITA in Ibadan for CRP Administrator/Data Manager
IITA is one of the world’s leading research partners in finding solutions for hunger, malnutrition, and poverty. Its award-winning research-for-development (R4D) approach addresses the development needs of tropical countries. IITA works with partners to enhance crop quality and productivity, reduce producer and consumer risks, and generate wealth from agriculture. IITA is a non-profit organization founded in 1967 in Nigeria and governed by a Board of Trustees. IITA works on the following crops: cowpea, soybean, banana/plantain, yam, cassava, and maize. It is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
IITA seeks suitable Nigerian for the position below at the Institute;s Headquarters in Ibadan:
Job Title: CRP Administrator/Data Manager
Recruitment Type: National (2-year renewable contract)
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Assist IITA CRP-Maize Focal Person in the preparation of CRP documents including annual work plans and other project documents.
- Assist in following up with scientists on timely preparation of annual reports and submission to the lead center.
- Track and monitor CRP budget expenditures against approved budgets of IITA scientists in order to provide the CRP leader with a clear status of financial resources
- Communicate with the CRP-Maize Manager of the lead center (CIMMYT, Mexico) and assist the CRP-Maize focal person with CRP related management functions including the preparation of key performance indicators.
- Assume responsibility for other CRP functions such as hosting of visitors, responding to inquiries, planning meetings, drafting letters, scheduling appointments and coordinating travel arrangement
- Maintain coherent repository of Crop Information (genealogy, phenotype and genotype) allowing public access and secondary use for predictive breeding and comparative biology.
- Work with Data Manager/Analyst, E-Research and the Integrated Breeding Platform (IBP) on the development of a data management system for storing and retrieval of information and linking it with GIS for the maize breeding unit.
- Define and implement data standards and best practices for Research Data Management by developing ontologies, phenotyping protocols, quality standards, Trait dictionaries, templates and field books.
- Assist members of the Maize breeding program to capture data electronically and use the BMS to manage the day to day activities of their breeding programs.
- Perform any additional duties related to CRP and Data management assigned by the supervisor.
- MSc in Computer Science, Project Management, Business Administration or any other related field.
- Minimum of Seven (7) years of relevant work experience in Project Management, Business Administration and Project Data Management.
Ideal Candidate must possess:
- Good project management software usage knowledge
- Good project monitoring and evaluation skills.
- Excellent Written and oral communication skill.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should forward their applications with detailed curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include either the Head of applicant’s current or previous organization or applicant’s direct Supervisor/Superior officer at work and evidence of current remuneration package.
Click here to apply online
Click here for more information
Deadline: 10th June, 2016.