Fresh Job Opportunities at at InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG)
InterContinental Lagos is located on Victoria Island, in the centre of Lagos home to the majority of foreign embassies and multinational companies, making it the perfect residence for affluent business and diplomatic travellers. Built on an elevated terrain overlooking Lagos’s port and the city below, the 19 storey hotel offers uninterrupted, spectacular views of Lagos Skyline. InterContinental Lagos comprises of 352 well-appointed, elegantly decorated rooms and suites as well as a Club InterContinental floor.
What is your passion? Whether you’re into tennis, baking or karaoke, at IHG we’re interested in YOU. We employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies – people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we’re looking for more people like this to join our progressive & committed opening team at the InterContinental Lagos.
We are currently recruiting for the position below:
Job Number: lAG0002
- As Health Club Manager, you will manage and drive the team to achieve excellent customer service standards and increase sales.
- You will ensure the smooth running of the club and that health and safety standards are met.
As Health Club Manager you will be responsible for:
- Co-ordinate the maintenance of all recreational facilities and equipment.
- Coordinate the delivery of all recreational guest services.
- Responsible for the safety of all guest services.
- Manage all staff in this department.
- Manage the sale and promotion of departmental products and services.
- Access sales and marketing data.
- Assist with the development of new products and services.
- Assist with the evaluation of sales and marketing activities.
- Anticipate economic business level fluctuations and makes action plans.
- Comply with all Hotel and corporate guidelines.
- Deliver high quality service to guests.
- Adhere to departmental cleaning and maintenance programs.
- Attend and input at management meetings as required.
- Minimum 2 years of experience as Health Club Manager
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral with proficiency in English
- In return we’ll give you a generous financial and benefits package including healthcare support, hotel discounts worldwide and chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we’ll give you the room to be yourself.
- At IHG we are committed to developing our team and managing our talent and would encourage internal as well as external candidates to apply for any of our vacancies.
Job Title: Executive Pastry Chef
Job Number: LAG0005
- As Executive Pastry Chef , you will Supervise the day-to-day activities of the Pastry Kitchen, communicate objectives, and assign/schedule work. Develop, test and cost our new recipes and menu items for the Pastry Shop/Bakery.
- You will oversee and participate in the preparation of, and check and approve, all food items prepared in the pastry shop and bakery.
- Regularly inspection of the quality and quantity of pastry, croissants, breads and other bakery goods for the buffets and for all outside orders.
- 2 years experience as Pastry Chef
- English Speaking fluent
- Proven culinary education
- Proven tracking record working in Pastry Kitchen and previous experience as Pastry Chef
- 5 Star Hotel Experience in international branded hotel
- Hands on approach
- Excellent Team player
- Able to work with multicultural environment at the Hotel
- Independent Working
- Self motivated
- Flexible open minded
- Able to work under pressure
- Strong in Training and development
- Strong knowledge and able to train in sugar art work
- Strong knowledge and able to train in Chocolate art work
In return we’ll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which can include uniform and free meals on duty. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount schemes and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we’ll give you the room to be yourself.
Click here to apply online
11:59:00 PM; 28th July, 2016.