Axios Foundation Nigeria (AFN) Job Opportunity in Abuja
Axios Foundation Nigeria (AFN) is a Not-for-Profit Organization dedicated to increasing access to quality healthcare and building local capacity in the health sector in Nigeria. AFN has extensive experience in a broad range of areas including Health Systems Strengthening, Drug Logistics, Health Commodities Procurement, Laboratory Strengthening and External Quality Assurance, Monitoring, Evaluation and Research related to these activities.
AFN seeks an Associate Director Supply Chain and Quality Management for the USAID funded GHSC-PSM Program in Nigeria, implemented by the SAII Associates Ltd/Gte led consortium. The successful candidate will support health commodities supply chain by ensuring delivery of program health commodities and optimal quality assurance management across the entire program.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Associate Director, Supply Chain and Quality Management
Position Type: Internal and External
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical support in ensuring premium standard quality of health commodities.
- Technical support in providing day-to-day direction, supervision, management and performance of the warehouse and distribution operations.
- Identify issues with the quality of warehouse and distribution related services and the performance of the system, also design and implement quality assessment approaches to effectively address them.
- Advocate the use of Quality Improvement approaches within the project team as well as with government partners.
- Ensures strict adherence to quality management systems as well as maintain standards of health safety, hygiene and security in the work environment,
- Manage clients and resources.
- Mentoring, coaching and training of staff On the job.
- Responsible for final reports to the clients
Qualifications, Experiences and Skills
- Master’s degree or its equivalent in Public Health, Pharmacy, Supply Chain Business Administration or related field
- Minimum 10 years of experience in health commodities logistics and supply chain management.
- Experience working with USAID funded projects will be desirable.
- Experience in the field of HIV and AIDS, Malaria and Reproductive Health programming, preferably in the area of commodities logistics
- Experience in donor commodities warehousing and distribution preferably USAID projects
- Experience in capacity building and training in commodity logistics.
- Demonstrated ability to work with government staff at multiple levels including the national, state and local community levels.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent computer skills.
- The Job involves extensive local travel up to 40% of the time
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their application letters and CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 4th August, 2016.