MTNF/MUSON Music Scholars Programme 2016
The Musical Society of Nigeria (MUSON) in conjunction with the MTN Foundation (MTNF), announces entrance examinations for the Eleventh (11th) set of the MTNF/MUSON Diploma Course in Music for the 2016 – 2017 academic year. The MUSON School of Music staffed and equipped to meet information standards in Music education.
Applications are invited for:
MTNF/MUSON MUSIC SCHOLARS PROGRAMME
The examinations will take place from August 30th – September 2nd and will take the form of:
- A written examination in Music theory at approximately Grade 5 standard and general music knowledge.
- An audition on a major instrument or voice of at least Grade 5 standard, before a Faculty jury.
- An aural interview.
Applicants for the MTNF/MUSON diploma course in Music are expected to possess the following minimum academic requirements:
- The General Certificate of Education (GCE) Ordinary Level with credits in at least Five (5) subjects including English language.
- The Senior Secondary School Certificate (SSCE) with credits in at least Five (5) subject including English.
- The Five (5) credits must have been obtained at not more than two sittings and before admission to the diploma course.
- Practical: Grade Five (5) or higher pass Certificate of the MUSON School of Music or any other music examining body recognised by the MUSON School such as ABRSM or Trinity
- Theory: Grade Five (5) or higher pass certificate of the MUSON School of Music or any other music examining body recognised by the MUSON School.
NB: Applicants who passes the above practical or theory certificate must also satisfy the GCE (O/L) or SSCE requirements
Application Closing Date
29th July, 2016.
How to Apply
Interested applicants, who are deficient in the theory requirements but display an outstanding practical ability in the option of the faculty jury, may be considered for admission but must enroll in the remedial theory course to meet the necessary standard by the end of the first year.
Letters of application together with copies of Certificates, Two, (2) passport photographs and contact telephone number(s) or e-mail should be sent to:
MUSON School of Music,
8/9 Marina, Onikan,
All Applications should reach the Director, MUSON School of Music on or before the above stated closing date. Incomplete or late application will not be accepted.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be notified and given an examinations number which permits them to take examinations and participate in the auditions and interview.
- Successful candidates from the examination will be invited for admission.