HAI is also an industry leader in ensuring access to stigma-free health care. HAl’s programs deliver high quality prevention and treatment services, and take action in response to human rights violations. HAI does this while building the capacity of local providers.
- The Incumbent will plan and support delivery of high quality pharmaceutical care services and the implementation of an efficient health commodity logistics system for the organization in accordance with donor requirement and stipulated guidelines of the Federal Government of Nigeria.
- Assist in managing the pharmaceutical care aspect of HIV care and treatment program
- Assist to develop work plans and activities in concordance with the Government of Nigeria stipulated guidelines! standard at all community centres supported by the organization
- Tracking, monitoring and inventory analysis of all pharmacy stock employing the use of monitoring tools, spread sheets and data bases
- Assist in periodic training of pharmacy, medical, nursing and counselling staff at sites supported by the HIV care and treatment program
- Prepare and submit periodic progress reports from the sites supported to implement the HIV care and treatment program.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy
- Registration with Pharmacy Council of Nigeria
- At least 2 years’ experience working as a hospital based pharmacist
- May have knowledge of and experience with HIV care and treatment medication Must have previous experience working in a multidisciplinary team
- The Capacity Advisor serves as the focal point for the capacity building of local partners and organizational development.
- Providing support to the HAl and local partners program staff through trainings, program coordination and management and effective communication in a right based environment.
- Nascent (greenhouse) organizations may be co-located with HAl programming.
- He/She is responsible for the full implementation of HAl programming at the field level.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Capacity Building Support:
- Implement the capacity development plan of local partner’s program staff and Executive Directors through conducting on-site, formal and informal trainings, including training-of-trainers sessions and advising step-down trainings to meet program objectives
- Support the capacity building plan in partnership with the program team to ensure that participatory assessments and follow-through with recommendations and corrective action plans.
- Assist in coordination, and participate in multifaceted capacity building activities of local partner that focuses and promotes the core elements of HIV Prevention, treatment and Care and facilitates knowledge sharing
- Serve as the project’s key liaison to Heartland Alliance International- Nigeria Country Office;
- in collaboration with Country Office HR, Finance, IT, M&E, Program Departments, ensures State Office (field) supervisors adhere to and implement policies and procedures: engages all levels of staff in the strategic planning process; and provides feedback for improvements;
- Monitor progress towards and barriers from reaching project or program goals and objectives, provides timely updates and recommendations to senior leadership;
- Submits monthly and quarterly narrative reports on program updates and financial activities to the Director of Programs in a timely manner.
- Ensures the timely collection, collation and submission of high quality progress report data to the M&E unit at the Country Office through HAl standard tools and software packages
- Ensures timely and effective training and mentoring is provided to Peer Educators, Outreach Coordinators, and other relevant stakeholders on HAl- Nigeria service delivery models, which may include;
- Counseling and psychosocial support for Key Affected Population, distribute HIV educational materials, condoms, and other harm reduction materials.
- Maintain overall responsibility for the delivery of high quality HIV prevention, care and treatment services to target population in line with national and international best practices
- Ensures timely and effective training and mentoring of service providers in conjunction with relevant Country Office Technical Officer.
- Provide counseling and psychosocial support for Key Affected Population.
- First Degree in Medical Science, Management; Social Science or related field; Advanced Degree in Public Health or Social Science preferred.
- At least four years’ experience working with a NGO, must include Project Implementation; Supervisory and Capacity building experience in public health or social science program manageme.
- Experience working with in collaboration with local partners, NGOs and CROs
- Experience in capacity building, HIV/AIDS Advocacy, prevention, treatment and care, STI management and or care.
- Your full name and the position for which you are applying In the email subject line.
- Please do NOT contact the listed email address with other enquiries.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted