Latest MTN Nigeria Vacancy for IP/MPLS Performance Engineer
MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: IP/MPLS Performance Engineer
Department: Network Performance and Quality
- To measure the network indicators and provide NWG with data/information.
- To evaluate trends in network performance and recommend solutions to optimize network performance
- To improve network performance through regular network audit and trend/KPI analysis.
- Extract value from what we already have by focusing on optimizing processes within the Unit/Department in line with the value creation philosophy. This includes individual contributions and recommendations to improve existing business project/initiative.
- Drive Innovation by identifying and taking advantage of new business opportunities, e.g., by stimulating and encouraging new business opportunities, launch of products, product/process innovation, business model innovation etc.
- Maintain leadership in the ICT/Digital industry by partnering with MTNN’s Partners to improve their processes which in turn will improve the efficiency of MTNN’s operations.
- Enhance/expand MTN’s role in the larger national macro environment by participating in CSR projects and/or NGO’s, involvement in recognized professional institutions, participating in think-tank activities etc.
- Sustain the right organisational culture and behaviors by demonstrating the vital behaviours every time.
- Monitor and ensure degradations on the IP/MPLS network are escalated to the respective Managed Services Vendors and Partners
- Ensure resolution of escalated issues within SLA
- Evaluate the impact of changes/parameter optimization on the IP/MPLS network
- Generate IP/MPLS network statistical analysis
- Provide insights and reports on the IP/MPLS network performance
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
- Team based
- Field and office bound
Experience & Training
- First degree in Electrical Electronics or Computer Science
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in IP/MPLS operation/optimization/performance; with experience working with others
- Experience working in a medium organization
- Technical experience in telecommunication environment
- Experienced in reporting and data processing using excel.
- Familiar with TCP/IP and routing technologies and vendor(CISCO, juniper, Huawei etc)
- MPLS trainings
- TCP/IP trainings
- Routing and switching (CCNP, CCIE, JNCIE,JNCIP)
- BEd, BSc, BTech or HND
How to Apply
Click here to apply online
26th August, 2016.