Job for Night Auditors at Lilygate Hotel in Lagos
Lilygate Hotel located in the heart of Lekki Phase 1 is a new luxurious four star hotel with 74 rooms including 6 suites and a full range of facilities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Night Auditor
Reports to: Accounting department
- Checks front office accounting records for accuracy and, on a daily basis, summarizes and compiles information for the hotel’s financial records. Tracks room revenue, occupancy percentages, and other front office operating statistics.
- Prepares a summary of cash, check, and credit card activities, reflecting the hotel’s financial performance for the day. Posts room charges and room taxes to guest accounts including guest transactions not posted during the day by the front office cashier.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Posts room charges and taxes to guest accounts.
- Processes guest charges voucher and debit card vouchers.
- Post charges to the guest accounts that have not been posted or were incurred on the night audit shift.
- Transfer charges and deposits to master accounts.
- Checks to see that all charges are assigned to the appropriate departments.
- To verify that all transactions performed at the front desk are supported by documentary evidence and signatures as necessary and that they have been correctly posted and allocated in to PMS system.
- To verify that all charges posted from the POS Software, SPA software had reached the correct guest folios and also not missing.
- Prints up and files reservations for the next business day.
- Verifies all account postings and balances.
- Verifies that room rates are correct and posts those rates to guest accounts.
- Monitors the current status of coupon, discount, and other promotional programs.
- Is able to function as a front desk agent especially in terms of check-in and check-out procedures.
- Tracks room revenues, occupancy percentages, and other front office statistics.
- Prepares a summary of cash, check, and credit card activities.
- Summarizes results of operations for management.
- Check figures, postings, and documents for accuracy. Record, store, access, and/or analyze computerized financial information.
- Prepare of End of day procedure.
- Follow the End of Day / Night Audit Checklist
- Must have complete knowledge of emergency procedures.
- Balance the day’s charges, making corrections as necessary.
- Performs wake-up calls.
- Run end of day process in micros and opera software
- Understand principles of auditing, balancing, and closing out accounts.
- Knows how to operate Opera and other front office equipment’s.
- Respond to guest needs, special requests and complaints and alert the appropriate manager as needed
- Understand and knows how to perform check-in and check-out procedures.
- Education: High school graduate or equivalent. Must speak, read. Write, and understand the primary language used in the workplace.
- Experience: Minimum two year of hotel front desk supervisory experience, experience handling cash, accounting procedures, and general administrative tasks.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application letters and CV’s to:firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 12th August, 2016.