AIM Group has a subsidiary in Real Estate, Narelli International Ltd; incorporated in 1990 to develop and maintain the AIM Group properties through a Facilities Management Department. Narelli is currently building AIM NIGERIA Complex, in Lekki Phase 1 for AIM’s Broadcasting H/Q (TV & FM Studios) & Staff Apartments and 3 (three) star Hotel.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Quantity Surveyor
- Has the responsibility for taking off Quantities and submitting back up calculations showing the methodology of work.
- Will be responsible for Pre-contract; Post-Contract & General Administration
- Developing Bills of Engineering measurement for civil works
- Developing Bills of Quantities for building and site works
- Interim and final valuations
- Checking Contractor’s insurance Policy, workmen’s compensations, third party insurance, All risk insurance policy advance payment irrevocable Guarantee
- Calculating fair price estimate based on BOQ
- Site measurement for variation & valuation
- Pre & post project work (Financial reporting & Accounting)
- Feasibility & viability study of project construction
- B.Sc in Quantity Surveying with minimum 8 years Experience
- Professional Certification: Nigerian Institute of Quantity Surveyors, Institute of cost management, Chartered Institute of Arbitration, Nigeria.
- This position is for Nigerian Nationals with at least 4 years’ experience in Consultancy and 4 years in Construction.
- A Registered Quantity Surveyor
Skills and Abilities (IT Tools):
- Effective IT Skill; Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, project, power point )
- Good working knowledge of QS-CAD & MB3 and preferably Auto CAD
- Accurately take and process requisitions
- Demonstrate ability to multi-task several priorities
- Crystal reporting system experience
- Safe work Habits
- Excellent communication skill
- Solid time management skill
- Follow Yield management procedures
Mental & Cognitive Requirements:
- Creative: Ability to create & invent.
- Intelligent: Sheer knowledge & ability to understand, comprehend & learn.
- Wisdom: Problem solving, application of knowledge & Adaptability.
- Ability: to plan & prioritize work.
- Dexterity: Flexibility & Speed.
- Strength: Using minimum effort to achieve maximum results.
- Endurance: Ability to maintain a level of physical activity; without undue physical damage.
- Physically: Fit
Steps to develop BEME or BOQ:
- Develop BEME or BOQ on the stand of the Company
- Prepare BEME on BOQ based on items of works only
- Check with Architect on items not included in QS descriptive BOQ
- Check with E&M Engineers on items not included in QS descriptive BOQ
- Quantity take-off will proceed thereafter
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: email@example.com
Note: Only short-listed applicants will be interviewed.
Deadline: 20th September, 2016.