The Sir Ahmadu Bello Memorial Foundation (SABMF) as part of its focus on the advancement of education in Northern Nigeria, provides financial support for 200 eligible undergraduates and Higher National Diploma students of Northern Nigeria origin in accredited public universities and polytechnics in Nigeria annually through the award of scholarships.
The scholarship award is worth N 100,00000 (One hundred thousand Naira) per student for the duration of an academic session Upon award, it will be renewed subject to a minimum CGPA equivalent of “Second Class, Lower Division” for university students and “Upper Credit” for polytechnic students
Applications are hereby invited from qualified and successful applicants of northern state ongin who gained admission into 100 level (through JME), 200 levels (through Direct Entry) for degree and HND 1 programme in the 2015/2016 academic session and have commenced their studies.
Sir Ahmadu Bello Memorial Foundation 2015/2016 Scholarship for Undergraduate and Higher National Diploma Students
- Only Candidate who are admitted into Science and Technology Courses into Nigerian Universities and Polytechnics are eligible to apply for the Scholarship.
- Offer of admission into a full time degree or HND programme in public university or polytechnic.
- Satisfy the minimum requirement for registration in the institution and the department or faculty as a full time student.
- Credit in 5 “O’ level papers including English and Mathematics in not more than two sittings.
- Must be indigenes of any of the 19 states of Northern Nigeria and the Federal Capital Territory (Evidence of state of origin will be required).
- Must not be more than 25 years of age by the date of entry into the university or polytechnic.
- A letter of reference from the community leader.
However, meeting these eligibility criteria would not gutantee award of the scholarship which is subject to availability and candidate ranking in the selection exercise. Any falsification of information at any stage will result in the withdrawal of the scholarship.
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend the screening exercise during which they will be required to present the following:
- 3 passport photographs (each measuring 2 inches by 2 inches)
- Certificate of State of Origin/Indigenisation
- Birth Certificate
- JAMB Examination Result
- Original copy of Admission letter from JAMB and the Institution
- Evidence of fess of payment and faculty / departmental registration
- Valid student Identification Card
- WAEC or NECO senior secondary examination result(s)
- Semester result(s)
- A letter of reference from a community leader in the Applicant’s LGA
- Applicant should download “Form B” for parent/guardian to fill in and upload it in supporting document in “Form A“
How to Apply
Click here to apply online
- Interested and qualified candidates are required to apply online
- Incomplete application will not be processed
- Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted
- Name of successful candidates will be published in a national daily and on the Foundation’s website
- Applicants who have already been awarded scholarship under other schemes will not be considered