Wartsila is a global leader in advanced technologies and complete lifecycle solutions for the marine and energy markets. By emphasising sustainable innovation and total efficiency, Wärtsilä maximises the environmental and economic performance of the vessels and power plants of its customers. In 2015, Wärtsilä’s net sales totalled EUR 5 billion with approximately 18,800 employees. The company has operations in over 200 locations in more than 70 countries around the world. Wärtsilä is listed on Nasdaq Helsinki.
We are currently recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Superintendent Engineer Propulsion (Mech + Controls)
- Field Service is one of six core processes of the Services business together with Sales & Marketing, Project & Contract Management, Technical Service, Parts and Customer Assistance.
- The purpose of the Field Service Process is to ensure that the customer’s investment is productive throughout the life cycle of its installation by providing added value through operational support, enhancements and services.
- We offer the ship owner an optimal service by carrying out maintenance and repair works. Furthermore, we also offer a variety of electro technical services, and we are active in the fields of inspection and automation.
- You are responsible for troubleshooting, reconditioning and repair (complete) ship propulsion systems on mainly mechanical, hydraulic and control & automation issues. The ship’s propulsion system consists of controllable pitch propellers, gearboxes, thrusters and transverse thrusters and associated operating systems.
- Have broad knowledge of Wärtsilä equipment families.
- Proactively advice and promote available products and solutions to customers.
- Transfer of knowledge to the local talents.
- Perform Field Service activities according to the work plan.
- Perform advanced troubleshooting on equipment families.
- May act as system commissioning engineer and may lead the related commissioning activities.
- May lead and manage assigned team and related activities during the work execution.
- Interact with customers during the work execution (e.g.conducting introduction meeting).
- Perform internal and external progress status of the assigned work.
- Create the Service Work Reports.
- Ensure that the work is executed according to Wärtsila Quality,
Extensive overhaul experience on the following Wartsila products:
- Steerable and Transverse thrusters,
- Fixed pitch and CPP.
- Wartsila gears, Water jets and Propulsion controls.
- Knowledge of other OEM products will be an added advantage.
- BSc/MSc in Mechanical Engineering or related Engineering field. Experience in below areas are highly desirable:
- Thruster inspection and overhaul.
- CPP inspection & overhaul .
- Propulsion control systems troubleshooting.
- Stern tube seal inspection and overhaul.
How to Apply
Click here to apply online
Deadline: 25th October, 2016.