Job Title: University Librarian
- The University Librarian is the head of the university library, and shall be responsible to the Vice Chancellor in the administration of the university library and co-ordination of library services.
Qualification and Experience
- Candidates for the post of University Librarian must possess doctoral degree plus postgraduate diploma in Librarianship or a doctoral degree in Library Science from a recognized university and membership-of relevant professional bodies with at least ten (10) years post qualification experience, most of which must be within a university library.
- He or she should have adequate publications in reputable national and international journals and possess adequate leadership experience as well as high degree of competence, integrity and dependability.
- The person must be computer literate.
- Overall superintendence over the functions and activities of the University Mosque including sermons, leading in worship and spiritual guidance and counselling.
- Participation in the delivery of extramural classes, the Global Citizenship and aspects of relevant academic programmes.
A prospective applicant must have the following qualities:
- Must be God-fearing and knowledgeable in Islamic Theology.
- Must possess a high level of spiritual leadership qualities
- Willingness to support and uphold the University Philosophy and ideals.
- Ability to develop the moral and spiritual minds of both staff and students.
- Must have wide scope of knowledge on social and multidimensional issues.
- Must be courageous and possess ethical and moral attractions
- Must be fluent in both English and Arabic languages
- B.A, M.A and most preferably Ph.D in Arabic or Islamic Studies
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward 15 copies of their applications accompanied with detailed curriculum vitae and photocopies of certificates, relevant credentials and three referee letters in sealed envelope to:
Barrister A.Z Ajibola,
Km 5, Ayetoro Road, Lafenwa,
P.M.B 2104, Sapon,