Food Technologist, Savoury/Beverages Vacancy at Givaudan Nigeria
Givaudan is the global leader in the creation of fragrances and flavours. In close collaboration with food, beverage, consumer goods and fragrance partners, Givaudan develops tastes and scents that delight consumers the world over. With a passion to understand consumers’ preferences and a relentless drive to innovate, Givaudan is at the forefront of creating flavours and fragrances that ‘engage your senses’.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Food Technologist, Savoury/Beverages
Requisition ID: 67904
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
The primary focus of this position is to execute daily brief-related tasks and apply knowledge during the flavour selection, evaluation and application development. Serve as technical expert and advisor to marketing, sales, flavour creation, and customers for specific savoury applications. Sounds interesting? It could well be your perfect opportuity if, like us you always aim to exceed customer needs, deliver value and are skilled at fostering strong relationships. In this exciting role you will:
Your professional profile includes:
- Diploma/Degree in Food Science / Technology
- 3 – 5 years Senior Product Development Experience in the Savoury segment
- Practical experience in food product development, manufacturing and flavour applications
- Well-developed olfactory and sensory skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Fluent in English (spoken and written)
- Computer Skill MS Office based programs with emphasis on Excel, Power Point and Word
- Team-focussed work style, whilst being able to work independently
- Ability to balance both analytical and intuitive thinking
- Ability to work in complex matrix organisation
- Hands-on work style with a Winning personality
- Ability to gather the know-how from other units
- Passion for food technology, culinary trends and innovation.
- You will provide technical support to customers (directly) or through project briefs, including the recommendation of flavours and technical information on application issues.
- You will prepare, organize, and/or execute state-of-the-art flavoured food products for customer presentations.
- You will recommend optimal flavours for customer projects according to all relevant requirements (taste profile, legislation, technical suitability, costs, etc.) and maintain the flavour collections.
- You will develop new application recipes as well as new concepts for customers, based on new developments in the market, trends, new raw materials.Act as independent project leader for all allocated projects.
- You will arrange and conduct tasting sessions, process and interpret the results to customers and internally.
- You will take responsibility for technical customer communication to achieve a positive outcome of projects.
- You will leverage on new technologies for submissions to customers and also identify new opportunities.
- You will provide support and exchange information on flavour performance, food recipes with other Givaudan sites.
- You will maintain the product portfolio and support the local librarian sensory evaluations.
Health and Safety:
- You will work strictly according to the company requirements for optimal safety, hygiene and protection of the environment.
- You will report results in concise way in support of WinRate and sales.
- You will be expected to travel in Sub Saharan Africa region.
How to Apply
Click here to apply online