Topaz Energy and Marine is a leading oilfield services company providing marine solutions to the global energy industry with primary focus on the Middle East and the Caspian Sea. Headquartered in Dubai, Topaz operates a fleet of more than 90 offshore support vessels. Topaz is a wholly owned subsidiary of Renaissance Services SAOG, a publicly traded company on the Muscat Securities Market, Oman.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Superintendent
- The Technical Superintendent is responsible for ensuring that all vessels under his supervision continue to meet the standards and criteria required by clients, class and statutory regulations.
- Ensuring Company owned and managed vessels are operated in a safe, efficient and economical manner and in full compliance with Class and Statutory regulations.
- Responsible for the control and updating of the vessel Technical Library.
- Responsible for the maintenance and operation of vessel anchor handling machinery, winches, cranes and other fixed equipment on board.
- Responsible for overseeing the installation and certification of 3rd party equipment on the vessels, such as Diving, ROV and other temporary equipment.
- Ensuring compliance where appropriate with company policy and procedures in accordance with the requirements of the ISM Code and ISO9001:2008 ISO14001:2004 & ISO18001:2007 Standards
- Working closely with the QHSE Manager so as to ensure implementation and on-going compliance with Company & Client Procedures.
- Assisting with internal and external audits of vessels owned, managed or operated by Topaz Marine.
- Ensuring that the Planned Maintenance System is being operated and reported in the manner prescribed in the company’s QA system.
- Liaising with Vessel Masters and Chief Engineers as required and providing technical advice and assistance when necessary.
- Budget responsibility for technical elements of the assigned vessels.
- Responsibility for all aspects of dry-dock planning and implementation for assigned vessels.
- Liaising with the purchasing department and ensuring that purchase requisitions are being tracked and expedited in a timely manner, and reporting to the Operations Manager when delays have the potential to impact on vessels operational capabilities. Ensure sufficient spares are carried.
- Undertaking regular inspections and presentations on Company owned and managed vessels as per annual QHSE Plan schedule and compiling reports accurately indicating vessels current equipment, machinery, structural and operational status.
- Advising the Operations Manager of any training needs identified which could improve efficiency.
How to Apply
Click here to apply online