North East Regional Initiative (NERI) – An International Development Organization, is seeking applications from qualified Nigerian nationals for the position below:
Job Title: STTA Liaison Officer
- The STTA Liaison Officer will coordinate information and liaise between USAID, NERI, State and National Government actors and donors and development actors in Borno State for a period of up to 6 months.
- The role will provide an improved understanding of the humanitarian situation in Borno and opportunities for assistance, coordination, and contribution, which will assist in more quickly resolving the conflict in the North East of Nigeria.
- The STTA Liaison Officer will report to NERI on incidents, events, and humanitarian efforts, which are currently poorly coordinated and reported, by the multiple actors.
- Activities will include attending ministry meetings, coordinating with UN-OCHA, USAID/OFDA, taking and receiving messages from international NGO (INGO) partners and others, as well as the Government of Borno State and verifying information presented to NERI.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in International Studies, Development Studies, Social Sciences, or similar field
- 3 years of practical work experience,
- Proficient use of a computer and basic programs, i.e. MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, for generating reports and other communication vehicles,
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to manage a diverse array of professional relationships with various actors in Borno State, NERI,
- Self-motivated and willing and able to work independently, providing timely deliverables in a quality-oriented manner based on agreed upon formats and templates
- Experience working in a conflict environment is a plus
- Proficient in spoken and written Hausa and Kanuri languages,
- Proficient in spoken and written English language,
- Experience in synthesizing and analyzing information for generating reports and identifying trends,
- Practical experience of writing reports and other communications, in English language, in a clear, concise and coherent manner; especially with an international organization
Reporting & Supervision:
- This position will report directly to the Program Development Manager in Borno State
Primary Responsibilities and Deliverables
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Liaising between ur partner sectoral offices, NERI and actors in Borno State on an ongoing basis via email, phone, in-person meetings, etc. as required to fulfill requirements of the position.
- Establishing and demonstrating a robust data verification process to ensure only credible information is presented in a timely manner in all communications to NERI.
- Establishing and demonstrating a low-profile, yet robust, security protocol to aid the Information Coordination and Liaison in carrying out responsibilities of the STTA and developing positive and productive relationships with the various actors in Borno State.
- Provide cumulative monthly reports indicating trends.
- Other tasks, of a reasonable nature, based on capacity of the Information Coordinator and Liaison, not explicitly incorporated herein but integral to meeting the objectives of the position and needs of NERI.
- Establishing a network – throughout Borno State – of information sources with international organizations, international NGOs, local organizations, and state and federal government actors for engaging in regular communications, forth formal and informal i.e. daily, weekly, monthly or ad hoc, for obtaining up-to-date credible information on various humanitarian issues for subsequently sharing with NERI.
- Providing, ideally in real-time or at a minimum weekly, written reports on incidents, yielding informative summaries of location, including with GPS coordinates where possible, and description of the event(s) involving all Borno State actors.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit the following documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- A current resume or curriculum vitae (CV) listing all job responsibilities;
- A cover letter;
- Please reference the job title and location on the subject line, your cover letter and resume/CV.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted